Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mind/Body connection New Age baloney, or a real thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ran across this. Absolutely priceless. A few highlights:

Happeh's argumentative thrust was that approved scientific method and critical thinking were all that is necessary to understand Happeh Theory, unless approved scientific method and critical thinking illustrated that Happeh Theory was possibly the most insane platform ever announced by a creature capable of speech.
    The clinical results of masturbation according to Happeh Theory were "heart attack, anxiety, asthma symptoms, bad posture, stomach problems [and] mental problems". Symptoms of MSS include tilted head and sloped stature towards the primary masturbatory hand (known outside academia as “leaning”), "big and small eye" (sometimes referred to by laymen as “squinting”) and atrophy of one side of the face (variously identifiable in the non-scientific community as a “wink”).
    "Why people on different continents look similar"

Essentially a joint rejection of human migration and genetics, this aspect of Happeh Theory was not supported by even manipulated photographic evidence. It remains, like the workings of the rest of the Theory, a mystery. Happeh refused to discuss the theory any further when it occurred to him that the rest of the forum had realized that he was completely, utterly insane.
    "masturbation is the leading cause of death due to AIDS"

Comment

why, is happeh back again? this is great!!!
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by H-Town Shaolin Bum View Post
        I think that what bruce lee is saying is that you must learn and understand your physical body through hard working of the muscles.

Some fat people lose circulation in their legs and can barely feel the muscles under there. Their mind and body are not connected because they obviously havent been excercising and therefore, their mind has lost connection with the muscles. This is my interpretation of what Bruce Lee was saying anyhow.

I notice that when I excercise more, I can feel my body more, I can feel the shape of the muscles and can concentrate my mind on certain ones to relax them or tense them up. If I havent trained in a while, the feeling goes away somewhat, and over time becomes less intense. My mind(or more accurately, my conscious mind;perception) has lost some of that concentration on my body. The unconcious mind can lose the connection as well, and work less hard to maintain the body, not something you want to progressively get worse until you are a crippled old man.

It is really very simple. Just keep excercising and the connection can only get stronger. Damn, that was some serious rambling.
        this is true imo,

a martial artist should strive to achieve body awareness, eventually, through use of the muscles in ways you have never used them before, you mind and your thought process in concern of learning remembers how to perform those actions, just like learning how to play an instrument, you dont know how to do it until you try it, and then your mind learns it, remembers how to do it, and gets better at it, the neurons are strengthened in terms of how and where to transmit certain signals to certain muscles (this im guessing).

in xing yi, training the mind is called yi, yi is what directs your internal power, one also trains xing which is the heart, or the concept of the body and skeletal alignment, and then there is shen and qi, shen covers the hormone system, and qi is all about the way you breathe and process oxygen.

linking mind body and spirit is a martial artists mantra of sorts, by which its true meaning is only revealed through martial arts training.

very good shaolin bum, i see college in your future...
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by H-Town Shaolin Bum View Post
          Yes, your brain is connected to all other parts of your body. You don't think that these connections are fragile and can deteriorate over time without proper maintenence? say it is coded in a way? Of course it is, but the code can become corrupted throughh bad diet, drugs, lack of excercise and that crappy aging process.

Think of an engine that sits for years and then stops working. Your body is the same way. You must maintain and strenthen your muscles, which will enliven the nerves running throughout, which therefore strengthens the connection between your brain and your body, and your brain is what creates your mind.

I dont see how it is that your post disagrees with what I was saying. It seems to be in direct agreement if anything.
          My disagreement is in that you are thinking about nerves or some nebulous something that you liken to a car engine deteriorating.

I am saying that......the body energizes the mind. Not by nerve impulses or anything like that. Sort of like an air pump pumping up a tire. If your body is in bad shape, it can only provide low pressure to your brain. If your body is strong, it can provide high pressure to your brain.

I could post a picture or two maybe if you were interested. I don't really need to though. Go look at some pictures of Shaolin monks. They usually have round heads right? They have round heads because their body has high pressure, and pumped their heads up until they were big and round.

Look at a weak person. Their head will be oddly shaped, unevenly shaped, and or smaller compared to the Shaolin monk. That is because the weak person's body only puts out low pressure, so it cannot blow up the weak person's head like a balloon.

Comment

"The clinical results of masturbation according to Happeh Theory were "heart attack, anxiety, asthma symptoms, bad posture, stomach problems [and] mental problems". Symptoms of MSS include tilted head and sloped stature towards the primary masturbatory hand (known outside academia as “leaning”), "big and small eye" (sometimes referred to by laymen as “squinting”) and atrophy of one side of the face (variously identifiable in the non-scientific community as a “wink”)."

This is all true Zach. Which part do you want me to start proving?

"Why people on different continents look similar"

Essentially a joint rejection of human migration and genetics"

You guys are still being simple. I am still not going to tell you what is meant by that statement, but I will give you a hint. Read my reply to Shaolin Bum, then think about that claim up above.

" "masturbation is the leading cause of death due to AIDS"

What is specifically meant by this statement is that masturbation physically exhausts the body. We all know that AIDS destroys the immune system. That means the person needs to be as strong and healthy as they can to fight off infection etc. When the AIDS person masturbates, they physically weaken their overall state of health, so that they are more susceptible to infections etc.

All of this is completely logical and understandable if you go slow, take it step by step, and rid yourselves of the need to ridicule.

Comment

"masturbation is the leading cause of death due to AIDS"

What is specifically meant by this statement is that masturbation physically exhausts the body.
              Ah. So what is not specifically meant by that statement is "masturbation is the leading cause of death due to AIDS". Although that was the actual statement. Gotcha.

This is all true Zach. Which part do you want me to start proving?
              Well I'd like you to prove all of it, but I've seen your idea of "proof" and have no desire to see more of it...

Originally posted by Happeh
              I could post a picture or two maybe if you were interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mbokohutu View Post
                My disagreement is in that you are thinking about nerves or some nebulous something that you liken to a car engine deteriorating.

I am saying that......the body energizes the mind. Not by nerve impulses or anything like that. Sort of like an air pump pumping up a tire. If your body is in bad shape, it can only provide low pressure to your brain. If your body is strong, it can provide high pressure to your brain.

I could post a picture or two maybe if you were interested. I don't really need to though. Go look at some pictures of Shaolin monks. They usually have round heads right? They have round heads because their body has high pressure, and pumped their heads up until they were big and round.

Look at a weak person. Their head will be oddly shaped, unevenly shaped, and or smaller compared to the Shaolin monk. That is because the weak person's body only puts out low pressure, so it cannot blow up the weak person's head like a balloon.
                I don't know if you realize this, but you are saying the exact same thing as I am. I am just saying it in a more technical way, while yours seems more observational. It is the same argument though.

And also, look at the heaf of someone who does steroids. It is also very round and seems bigger, as a result of their hard working of the muscles(building up their engines) but they have cheated by using a chemical to aid them. The mind/body connection doesnt necessarily imply a spiritual side, which is why many of these roid freaks are also assholes.

Comment

this is just a warning, dont encourage him.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                    this is just a warning, dont encourage him.
                    Heya master. Shouldn't you be in your backyard playing at kung fu while your fat jiggles around?

Comment

Something to consider

Comment

I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like it your blog. summer dress for girls, girl pajama sets

Comment

Working...
                        X