Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electronically stimulated muscular contraction exercise equipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronically stimulated muscular contraction exercise equipment.

what do you guys think about using that kind of stuff? ive seen it on t.v. and ive seen the movie "Dragon" about bruce lee's where he's using one.

i personally prefer to stay within the familiar boundaries of hard work and exercise.

dont you guys think its weird to develop muscle without the cardiovascular or respiratory endurance to power it? would it even matter?

i mean dont get me wrong, i guess im all for the quick fix if i have to...

anyway, i know that strengthening the muscles also involves strengthening neural pathways in the brain and all that stuff, so what is an electronic pulse doing other than wreaking havoc on your nervous system, even if it is just a small jolt.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

id rather build muscle with exercise myself, rather than electrocuting myself or just be born a superbaby like this kid: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_342496.htm

you reckon this is where the greek herakles style myths came from?

Comment

thats one lucky kid.

maybe he has some neanderthal in him?

maybe its evolution?

maybe its genetic experimentation?

one thing for damn sure, that, as in having a dna mutation that doubles muscle growth is cool, very cool.

i wonder though, how are his tendons and ligaments and bones?

if your muscles can handle more than the bone and sinew, then the bone and sinew will break under the muscle... wouldnt want to be that kid when that happens... other than that, i wanna be that kid, lol.

also, was the kid subjected to any forms of training that couldve "awakened" this mutation? i wonder, i really do...
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I want that mutation. The mutation probably doesn't allow him to contract his muscles all the way, just allows him to have unhindered hypertrophy with some strength gains associated with it...All our muscles are stronger than our bones, we just can't activate them willingly. I believe many who were sent to the electric chair also ended up with broken backs, as their muscles were so strong that they snapped their own spine.

As for the electro-muscular stimulation, I think it's been shown that it's bunk. Plus, even if it did make you bigger (it doesn't), it wouldn't make you any stronger. To get stronger, you have to recruit more motor units that will contract the muscle fibers. This is artificial contraction and does not make your own nervous system more efficient at contracting muscle.

Jason Scott Lee or whatever his name is was using an electro stimulator in Dragon, and I don't doubt that Bruce Lee tried these things, as he was open to all forms of training experimentation...I don't, however, think that he would use this as a singular form of exercise.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Mos Def Yo 1

I've read almost everything out there about Bruce Lee and I've never come across him using that equip. He was constantly building coming up with ideas of how to his own equip. He was about pushing his limits, not taking the easy way out.
          "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

They probably had no idea what the easy way out was back then. Most fitness type things were for the majority, unregulated, and unknown of except for people who were in fitness circles, people who worked hard regardless.

Now, I don't even KNOW if they had that kind of technological application back in the 50's and 60's, but I wouldn't put it above Bruce Lee to try it, he was a pioneer, after all.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Is it works well? I don't use it yet.

Last edited by DarrelMilligan; 02-03-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X