No announcement yet.

is shalolin good for self defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol finaly got a straghit answer i didnt want 2 do shaolin for fighting i did it as dao said to cultivate your body and mind so alll good
    ----------
    JKD = Jeet Kune Do the thing bruce lee made up? i was under the impresion bruce didnt want people to make schools that thought it

Comment

You're right, and actually they didn't...sort of. More like teaching the principles of combat he came up with.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

oooooooo ok

Comment

There are still shaolin styles that are excellent for combat but it is hard to find a master who can teach it to you. These styles are excellent against all other martial arts because they are strictly combat oriented. Designed to be healthy for the practitioner as well as killing the enemy as fast as possible.
          When you are a real fighter you know it and you won't need to ask anyone. This you will never be wihtout real fighting experiance though. Most people like the idea of being able to fight but have a romantic view of combat so when the real fighting begins they get frightened and disgusted by the adrenalin, the violence, the hatred, the screaming, the blood and explosive action that is the real fight. Any normal person would be and if you are a normal person stay out of it. To be a good fighter you have to be a little screwed in the head- the action, the violence you have to somewhat like it, it has to turn you on to some degree. If not then stay out of fighting for you'll get your ass kicked. in real combat there is no hesitation, destroy or be destroyed. For this purpose thera are still great shaolin styles but today most so called shaolin masters or whatever only focus on physical health and acrobatics no real combat skills are being tought. The shaolin warrior tradition is almost completely dead.
          Just resently i visited a so called shaolin master who lives in Sweden and used to be the martial monks chief trainer for some time. When i visited him his students bragged and bragged about his great skills etc. Just like a sect. One of his senior students, whom i would knock down in one second with the backside of my hand, for he knows nothing of fighting at all, praised his master in a very religious way- talking bout oohh the master knows infinite forms his knowledge never ends bla bla bla bla. Lot of you guys have heard this type of shit talk from your own local shaolin schools.Since he was such a believer and on top of that did't know shit about fighting i asked to speak to someone else. I spoke to The top trainer of the school, the guy that runs the training when master is not there. I talked about applications and real combat but could never get any answers out of him only their usual propaganda so finally i had to force one of the chinese students to interpret my questions to the master himself, who was teaching his class at that moment. The little thing did even dare to interpret my questions properly. since i understand some chinese i told him to interpret my words exactly as i said them and stop talking other shit that was of no intrest to me. Finally i managed to get him to correctly interpret my questions, believe me it was not easy, he was afraid, studdering almost shaking since his masters fighting skills has never been qestioned and real combat has never been discussed nor tought (obviously)- all this even though he claims to teach them real shaolin combat and self defense techniques.
          Well i am not afraid of any unarmed man so i asked my quesions regardless of his self proclaimed holiness. I asked him about xinyi, i told him i knew some xinyi and wanted to know more. Finally i got an answer. Xinyi was dangerous and would get him in trouble if his students used it so he doesnt teach it but he knows it well- he said. So finally he admits that he does not teach any real skills and almost no other so called shaolin master does. Anyone interested in real fighting- stay the hell away from so called shaolin masters.
          There are other masters out there who knows real gong fu, they are almost never famous but always easy to talk to, happy to be questioned about their gong fu and realistic. They dont claim to know everything just offer what they know. Sadly i have met only one such chinese master, but damn he is impressive even at his age, he does not mind wrestling with a strong young lad as my self to demonstrate the effektivness of his techniques. He is very realistic -gong fu is no flowery acrobatic philosofical nonsense spiritual mumbo jumbo, its real and spritual also but in a realistic way. The problem is that shaolin and other hustlers turn it into nothing but spiritual garbage to avoid questioning and ultimatly to avoid reality.

Comment

Hey who changed my avatar and why did you have to and do that??? Come on man, got something against me?

Comment

Well, it wasn't me. Just FYI.

But if you play around in the eStore (nav bar above), you'll find that people with enough docdollars can do this sort of thing. They're just playing around; I wouldn't take it personally.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Okay well the monkey looks cool anyway

Comment

ok well i have done shaolin for a while now and i have goten a lot stronger faster and flexable and my master teaches us self defence stuff like how 2 kick block and punch and now i am cunfused y do people think the forms are for fighting they make u a beater fighter i mean i guse u can use some parts of the forms in fighting but it wont help u much hahaha

Comment

I understand your confusion. First of all there are different types of forms, some of them contain no useful combat techniques instead they are designed for other purposes such as exhibitions etc. A real traditional form contains nothing but useful combat techniques! Main problem today is that you probably wont find a real master only a bunch of so called shaolin monks who know absolutely nothing about real shaolin combat. Ofcourse they will never admit it but they dont- anyone who knows will be glad to show you and demonstrate it!!! They will not act mystical and talk a bunch of shit as these so called "deadly" shaolin monks do. Real shaolin skills and forms are excellent for combat. Still you are better of not thinking about any such thing. Stay far away from shaolin if you want to learn how to fight for real. The so called shaolin monks will never teach you the real deal, real forms with every single combat application etc since they themselves dont know dick about it and secondly dont even believe they excist. Last thing, if you did learn real shaolin skill and practice it well for a shorter time period ( no stupid ten years bullshit) you would know real street fighting not sport fighting like BJJ and muythai. You would have no problem dealing with such practitioners either- I dont i practice with both of these groups when i need good strong agile sparring partners.
                    I tell you there are very few people who know this gongfu very few- i dont think youll ever find one, I myself only know 4 out of all the gongfu students i've seen in my life. Also you may have noticed I am the only one here telling you about this, saying that gongfu is absolutely excellent for combat- that means the others have never seen it!!! When it comes to fighting all they know is BJJ and muy thai- even though they themselves are gongfu enthusiasts, some even been to china and still never encountered it. Pleas feal free to ask me more about this if you are interested.

Comment

i am 95% sure wat i am doing is traditional and isent that exhibitions stuff called wush??? any way wat i was trying 2 say the forms in them selfs not the moves in the formes becuse all the moves in the forms are very usefull i used some of them on my bro when we were sparing and it worked well

Comment

I'm going to agree with Fa Hui. Shaolin is great, I am doing it, but so far I haven't learned alot of practical fight application(besides some staff technique that could really hurt someone) Then again, I haven't done it for that long, and once I prove to my instructor that I have what it takes, I am sure that he has many things to teach me that will be applicable in combat situatiions. I think that alot of these former monks make you work for your knowledge. Some people write these guys off as costume wearing pretenders, but I am not one of those people.

If you really just want to beat the crap out of someone, or make them hurt real bad, join an MMA gym. Or if you just straight up want to kill somebody, I would reccomend Kali. You learn close range stick and knife fighting techniques that you could apply to real streetfights. I wouldnt want to do Kali, but then again, I'm not as crazy as some people.

Comment

Working...
                        X