st. louis schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• st. louis schools?

a google search yielded pretty typical depressing results. such as this one:

http://www.shaolinkungfu.org/art.asp

lohan have been in existence for 1,650 years in china and founded the "white lotus society" (from mortal combat) authorized to teach non-buddhist secrets (wonder what they could be) of shaolin (a 1,500 year old temple). each sash level is one of 35 "chambers" of study.

is there any shaolin presence in st. louis? come on, its kind of a big city isnt it?

anyone?

or this one: http://www.shaolinblackdragon.com/

the shaolin "black dragon society"- another sect of warrior monks.

everyone is a warrior monk these days. whether the white lotus society, black dragon society, red hat society, or pink elephant society....

Comment

Sounds good.
      but now.......no moneyl

Comment

You are in luck! Shi De Yang has his only official school here in the US, in St. Louis. It is taught by one of his few disciples and a member of the shaolin warrior monks reserve team. His name is Le Fujun, and he is one of the very few Shaolin schools here in the US to teach traditional Shaolin gongfu, qigong, and chan buddhism philosophy. His school is fantastic, and only $70 a month! I'm moving to st. louis to train at his school as well as go to college, to better prepare for my trip to Shi De Yang's school in China. Also, because of his relationship to Shi De Yang, if you ever decide to make a trip to Shaolin in China as a part of his school, you will save a lot of money, and have a group of people you will be comfortable making the journey with. I highly recommend you look into his school, you will not regret it. Aside from a very small few in New York, Las Vegas, Louisiana, Le Fujun's school is as Shaolin as it gets. I live closer to NY but because it's so legit and so affordable, i've chosen shaolin chan city. You will not find a better school anywhere in Missouri.
        www.ShaolinChanCity.com

http://shideyang.com/
        Last edited by DannyB784; 08-26-2010, 02:28 AM.

Comment

danny, if you havent noticed "lei fu jun" is "lfj" who started this thread...

moving to st louis though eh, didnt see that coming.... lolo

there must be something in the water haha
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Maestro, I don't think it's the women in St Louis...

I wouldn't move there.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

hahaha i didn't notice that at all. OOPS! didn't read the name i just replied. To be honest moving there is my only real option. New York is too expensive, Massachusetts has nothing but fake schools who use shaolin as advertising, and I am not physically ready enough to train in China. So I can go to college to make a better future for myself as far as a job goes, and train and Le Fujun's school and know i'm getting the right training, from the right person with the right knowledge. I don't trust any school near me, they're all frauds. Why wouldn't I want to move there? Massachusetts is a terrible place to live, St. Louis is very laid back, the cost of living is very affordable, and for someone who spent months and months trying to find the right place to learn Shaolin Kung Fu why would I not want to go to Shi De Yang's school here in the US, and be able to eventually go to his school in China? The best Doc could help me with was a white guy who called himself a Sifu but taught only a few Shaolin forms, and one animal style. I'm not saying the guy is crap, but I don't want to waste my time and money learning a few things when I could pay less to learn 10 times as much. Also, Le Fujun is extremely advanced and knows so much about traditional Shaolin and he doesn't call himself a Sifu. He is the most legitimate Shaolin school I have found so far, I'd be an idiot to not be willing to travel to learn from him. In my opinion the best option I have here in MA is a guy who traveled to China a few times, learned a few things, and decided to start teaching what very little he knew, as a self proclaimed master. No thank you. Le Fujun has spent his entire life learning Chinese martial arts, and much of his life learning Shaolin kung Fu. Also has a good relationship with the most renowned Shaolin master in the world today. I'm fine with St. Louis. As far as women go, I already have a girl, and women would be my last concern when it comes to wanting to learn kung fu, she supports my decision to do something with my life, and knows I could care less about chasing girls in st. louis.

Comment

ive never been to st louis so i wouldnt know, i hear you on the mass part though god does mass suck. so many rich bastards with nothing to do but be rich bastards its almost as bad as connecticut!! lolo.

boston is a cool town though with alot of chinese martial arts, you gotta understand not everyone advertises danny. but anyone who knows the cma scene knows for sure boston is a great spot, but follow your heart and take the leap, doc told me before life is an adventure and its true, nothing ever goes the way you plan it and i just hope you have fun with whatever your doing because in the end thats whats important.
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB784 View Post
                  The best Doc could help me with was a white guy who called himself a Sifu but taught only a few Shaolin forms, and one animal style.
                  Shi De Cheng is a white guy who calls himself sifu?

Well, that's a first.

(If I remember correctly, my focus was to get you to meet DeCheng at Scott Jeffrey's school nearby where you live, and to help facilitate your going to China to train).
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Je suis l enfant de leta

et je me bats

contre ca

Comment

Working...
                    X