Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New mixed CMA's School

AllRounder is offline Registered Member: no custom title Registered Member
    They also said if Chinese students do want to go to thier school it will be the same price for everyone

Allrounder, I don't think you're understanding "our drift". It's understandable; if you're westerner, you're looking at these websites, and these businesses, with a western understanding. And a western expectation.

Let me be blunt.

The mainland chinese have no problem lying. Period. Bring them to America, and they don't seem to change much. Just ask any attorney that's been in a courtroom with them.

Mainland Chinese businessmen are solely interested in how much money they make. Customer satisfaction, repeat business, quality, etc, are concerns that they don't have. If you don't believe me, open the news on any day, and you're sure to find yet another instance of some Chinese factory putting some god awful chemical shit in our food or toothpaste.

I've dealt with these people quite extensively over the years. There are a few who are honorable and wonderful to deal with. But the problem that you have with these internet advertising schools, is that there are thousands of them. And they're all looking for some poor smuck to take his money. Since there are not many smucks out there wanting to go to China to train (and deal with the hardships of living there), the competition is fierce for customers. They're going to take what they can get, both in customers, and from customers. They really could give a shit if you're happy.

Which is why I have problems with the "pay for the year in advance" bullshit, and the "we'll throw your ass out whenever we want without reason" bullshit. It's typical Chinese. They don't care.

Call me old, jaded and cynical. I think of it more as wisdom. Read my post above, again, and try to understand what you're getting into. I have no problem with any of these schools training wise; I do have an issue if someone wants a year's worth of money up front. Let's face it, odds are, you won't last a year, and they know it. After two months you will probably be so disgusted with either the school, the lack of attention that you're expecting, or life in China in general. They know this, it's the typical response that most foreigners have to living at these schools. And, in a way, it's good business, for the Chinese. They know that you're hard up to "train with shaolin monks", and that you've got money (relative to them). They're feeding off of this desire, hoping that you go away relatively soon into your training, and leave your money in their bank account.

The Chinese lie. Read that again. And if you think they charge every one of those little Chinese kids that are training there, that fee, you've got your head so far up your ass dreaming about shaolin la la land that we can't help you.

Wow. That was angry, LOL. Sorry. I'm dealing with visa issues for my Thai girlfriend again, at our lovely US embassy in Bangkok. It's a damn frustrating experience, especially after I've been tarnished by Xingwei's breach of contract and visa agreement.

Again, just be careful.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Doc spits hot fire...

He's totally right though I spend time in china few years back and thats all I saw. Blatant out right lying to everything they could to make a buck. I laugh when i see tv reports coming from china about all the progress they are making and how great they are blah blah blah. I tell people it would be super conservative to say half that shit is just made up. Just like these websites it would be super conservative to say half of whats there is just made up.

I can picture it now. You pay for the eyar fly your ass there. they pick you up form the airport for a $100 transport fee. then you get to training they will asky ou want you want to learn and then teach you some basic forms and basics with no real emphasis on making you understand them or get good at them. Who cares when you leave they still get paid.
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

They also said if Chinese students do want to go to thier school it will be the same price for everyone
    it's set up for westerners, but if chinese want to go they will have to pay the same price>? well, that's kind of my point. chinese either pay much lower prices to train, or, well, they are not really welcome... because ultimately they just can't afford it.
    Last edited by onesp1ng; 08-16-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't trust these big schools, most of the people that learn quite a bit from real teachers in China are the one's you most likely will not find online but by word of mouth.

Plus you can learn quality martial arts in most Western countries if you know where to look.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Cross
    Doc spits hot fire...
    I don't want to see the guy get hurt.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

I know what you mean doc. Sometimes its next to impossible though to break them of their romantic notions of training in the mountains of china with "authentic" shaolin/wudang/taiji/ or some other kind of teacher. Its just not as sexy to be learning from a school down the street as it is to travel into the mountains of cina to live in a monastry and trian all day.

This can really apply to schools in your local area too. The big fancy schools tend to attract more people because they look nice and talk a big game. I mean the school i train at now is rather small. The biggest class I've ever seen was jsut over 20 people. where as at shaolin class wa easily into the 50's and 60's sometimes with hudrends of students.
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

a sidenote,

I think its ther bitchass american government that is putting all that shit in the food, trying to cripple the fast growing chinese economy, turning our noses away from anything made in china.

then again, i could be wrong.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

yeah your wrong no worries though...

Yep. The American government loves doing business with China. In fact, they love it so much they've convinced you to love China...or at least love the idea of the China they want you to believe in. That's why when all that dogfood and catfood shit got traced back to China, they had to execute their FDA Administrator equivalent...just to save face to the countries that love doing business with them.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast