No announcement yet.

Professional UFC fighters test positive for anabolic steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if there is to be an even playing field, teams and promoters will have to increase their role by taking greater responsibility for their athlete's behavior, in my opinion. when "X" of such and such team gets caught, tests positive for an illegal substance, his/her team (camp, etc) is fined and/or penalized to the extent that it severely hurts their chances of winning that year or perhaps just excludes them and their team from participating for a period of time, it would create a situation whereby the organizers themselves would be forced to step in order to protect their name and interests. just then everyone is pretty much just deemed guilty, rather, before being proved innocent. i don't know. but the integrity of these events and the people participating in them will be questioned more and more before something changes. the thing is, at this point if you don't do random drug tests all year for every player or fighter, you mind as well just let them do what they want, and see who is the "strongest. "
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
      "I want to be a veterinarian because I love children" has been heard in some of the Las Vegas churches...

Really.

Gotta love our stripper chicks.
      lol
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

There are other ways of recovering that dont dont turn your nuts into raisinets.

But i guess for some people a boner and children arent that important.

Btw, does it really give you that much of an edge? i have a cousin that wants to start taking steriods, i think he's crazy... or should i say narcissistic.

kids these days... tsk tsk tsk.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Yes steriods due make you into an animal. You are able to do ridiculus long hard work outs and recover instantly. That gives anyone a huge edge.

Look at any pro ball team from the early 80's. They are all thin, strong and in shape. Now everyone is he-man. In baseball they say "it doesn't help them hit a ball." Now that is true but now for these juiceheads every basehit is a homer. Barry bonds record is a sham. I don't blame him for doing roids though. Look what it did for his life. He has so much money he could spend the rest of his life doing whatever he wants. Referring to it as financial freedom would be an understatement.

Also compare old action figures(besides he-man) to new ones. You will see even they are jacked. lolol

Comment

Yes, but they pay a price healthwise. The incidence of heart disease, cancers (brain, testicle, etc), and psychosis can really change their lives in their forties and onward, if not earlier. Arnold paid the price, though for him, the benefits have outweighed the risks. So far..
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
              There are other ways of recovering that dont dont turn your nuts into raisinets.

But i guess for some people a boner and children arent that important.

Btw, does it really give you that much of an edge? i have a cousin that wants to start taking steriods, i think he's crazy... or should i say narcissistic.

kids these days... tsk tsk tsk.

Your cousin probably doesn't know what he's getting into. Especially if he's young-- messing with hormones at a young age sets up the rest of your life to have hormonal imbalances.

There really aren't any more efficient ways to recover, especially from injuries. Not just everyday training. Rubbing dit da jow, taking contrast showers, and eating/sleeping a lot don't even come close to the effects of steroids on training.

There are a lot of different types of chemicals categorized as anabolic steroids. Different shit will cause different effects. Some shoot testosterone, some shoot growth hormone, thyroid hormone, even insulin...in the case I mentioned, they were using nandrolone, which is used on AIDS patients which has less psychological side effects than say dianabol. Nandrolone is actually used to help with impotence.

The point is, different chemicals work in different ways. Nandrolone, while it does effect the natural balance of the body's hormones, is not as pronounced as just shooting some synthetic testosterone. In other words, shit like bitch tits is not as common. When you get off some drugs, you will dramatically lose the strength and size just as dramatically as you gained it. When you get off others, you might retain some of the effects.

I don't condone the use of anabolic steroids for sports, but you've gotta realize this shit is more than black and white. Not all steroids work in the same way. Not all people react the same way. And while psychological problems have been associated with AAS use, this has never been proven.

Studies have shown that psychologically stable men have used AAS with no adverse psychological problems. There has never been a study done in which stable people have used AAS and become rage machines.

A large portion of AAS users are teens and adolecents. There hormones and brains are already whacked out! When you add in more to the mix, of course kids are going to go ape shit. Not too long ago, my hormones were bounding like mad and I had problems keeping my anger in check. It happens. But when you look at the old people, the AIDS patients, the muscular dystrophy, the drawfism patients...all who use AAS, you have to take into consideration that there is a distinction.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal
                Yes steriods due make you into an animal. You are able to do ridiculus long hard work outs and recover instantly. That gives anyone a huge edge.
                While this is a huge oversimplification, it's true in that anyone who uses AAS and trains will be able to get in better, longer sessions, more frequently.

"Instantly" isn't really the case because then guys on steroids would just train without sleeping or eating. You've still gotta do everything right if you want to reap the full benefits.

The toys I see now and the toys I played with are kind of the same. When it comes to muscular action figures, they're all pretty buff...although I gotta say, He-man was jacked, compared to Batman and Spiderman and stuff...I think there;s a level of buffness that, if you're going to have a muscular toy, you gotta MEET. If you go over, you're making Ronnie COleman dolls and if you go under, then the particular action figure is going to feel inadequate and will want to go on steroids. Hahahahhahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
                  There has never been a study done in which stable people have used AAS and become rage machines.
                  Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just recently in the news we've had too WWF fighters "lose it". And roid rage, though maybe not studied in the medical literature, is a well known phenomen.

Yet another news article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294392,00.html
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Very true. I don't deny that messing with hormones and chemicals can effect someone psychologically, I just don't think it's a sure bet, especially if the person is already a stable human being.

All I'm saying is it takes a certain type of person to take part in the fake, sensationalist occupation of entertainment wrestling. Altering chemistry would most likely have an effect on how they function as "normal" people...if in fact they were "normal" to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
                      I just don't think it's a sure bet, especially if the person is already a stable human being.
                      Different people react to medications in different ways; we all fall along a "bell curve", some people have more tolerance than others, require a higher or lesser dose, so there is some variability. Some people have side effects that others don't. But, in general, almost all have some sort of similar response to that drug; our brains and organs tend to respond similarly to drugs (and hormones).

Testosterone and it's analogues give similar responses to almost all people. Increased aggression is one. Almost all people who take this will feel this, but how they control it can be a personal thing. Neurorecptors in the brain do what they do, regardless of whose brain they live in.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                      X