worst air quality- top 10 chinese cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst air quality- top 10 chinese cities

notice the poster is living in guangzhou which is not listed. i couldnt stand guangzhou! i'm certainly afraid to see these cities. in dengfeng i could walk down the street and have a giant mountain on the other side without even knowing it. couldnt see it through all the smog! cough, cough! great for the cardio training... anyone been to any of these cities?

http://tedlee.cn/2007/09/08/10-citie...lity-in-china/

These sites sometimes "disappear"

1. Linfen, Shanxi Province
    2. Yangquan, Shanxi Province
    3. Datong, Shanxi Province
    4. Shizuishan, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region
    5. Sanmenxia, Henan Province
    6. Jinchang, Gansu Province
    7. Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province
    8. Xianyang, Shaanxi Province
    9. Zhuzhou, Hunan Province
    10. Luoyang, Henan Province
    You have to consider the source. I'm not sure that this is accurate. Beijing is pretty high up on my list, if not near the top, between the auto pollution and the dust from Mongolia in the winter, it can be a nightmare being there. People with lung disorders (asthma, COPD) really need to be careful there.

Some of the smaller towns and villages can be pretty bad; the one that deal with coal primarily. But there are thousands of them scattered throughout...

For cleaner air, Yunnan province is just great. Oh, and Dengfeng can get pretty damn hazy in the winter.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

No good, I have mild bronchitis/asthma.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Life in America can cause that. In fact, it's getting worse every year. Asthma rates are skyrocketing in many major US cities. It's the main reason why I had to get out of Vegas.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Da Tong, Shi Jia Zhuang, Zhu Zhou, Luo Yang. Those are cities I've been to, where Da Tong was the worst.
          The air was filled with the fine dust from the coalmines and the trucks bringing it in. The smell of sulphur was ubiquitous since every little household had several ovens pumping the smoke out in big clouds onto the streets.

Linfen seems to be living hell though... I found this slideshow http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/co...how/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X