Where's doc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's doc...

Contrary to popular belief, I haven't done anything stupid, like run away to China to become a monk.

I'm in the Philippines, in the jungle somewhere, and my internet access is severely limited. I've popped in occasionally on my forays to civilization, but haven't had the time to respond to the plethora of emails that I've been getting.

Expect me "back" within two weeks....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Are you getting in any good Kali/escrima training in....?
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

No, this isn't a martial arts trip. In fact, haven't seen any of those instructors anywhere in my travels here. Which, is interesting... Back soon.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Good luck trying to find a teacher they can stay hidden unless you know someone. Filipinos have no clue what “kali” is, that’s basically an American term coined by Dan Inosanto. Even escrima is iffy depending where you are. Arnis is the official national name. Just try and stay away from the Nice People Around (NPA) in the provinces and try not to get bombed in Manila.

Comment

I figured as such. I've been here three times before, in the big cities, and in the "jungles", and I've never noticed Arnis "advertised". Which, in a way, makes it very respectable. One of these trips I'll have to arrange some training; I have the necessary "friends" to make things happen here.

As for the bombing, in typical Philippino fashion, now they're claiming that president Arroyo set the bomb to deflect interest away from the new "corruption" charges. The govermnent here is working on their budget, and as part of that process, talk of impeachment always seems to precede the "presents" that are handed out to congressmen. What a country...

russbo.com

Comment

I'll be away from the forum for a week or two, as I start the process of moving myself back to the US.

Back soon...

russbo.com

Comment

good luck!!! i'll be moving back east in about a month myself.. thinking of settling down in taizhong this time, at least for a while.. maybe taidong, that is, if i can find work there. then...it's off to the olympics for the summer.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Here we go again.

I'll be away for a while, as I wing my way back to the US. Not sure when I'll get a reliable internet connection to be able to continue with the web site work (as my house got flooded), but I should be back in two weeks or so.

Stay well.

russbo.com

Comment

I'm back.

Another long journey back from Asia. And I find a house destroyed by a water leak, and a rental house with an internet provider that blocks russbo.org.

Getting it all back together....

russbo.com

Comment

I'm back. Again.

Was away from the forums for a week or so as I could not access russbo.org using Cox Communications internet access, which is what I had at this rental house. I now have my previous internet provider back, and I can now access the forums.

Why Cox Communications blocks the IP address that these forums live on is beyond me. I'll get through the posts once I get russbo.com back online.

russbo.com

Comment

I'll be gone for a while. Not sure how long. Taking the little guy and the boss to the Philippines for a bit, on the way back to the US. Not sure if I'll have internet access for a while.

So, keep those feuds running, and I'll see you all sometime.
                      Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

take care doc. we're mind to the fort while you're gone...
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

*starts making fuses
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i like how you use your child to entertain us. your so devoted to russbo corp lol
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

might consider shoving some chinese books in the little guys lap as well...
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                              X