School feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School feedback

Hey everybody this is my first post here on the board. Basically ive always been interested in Martial Arts especially kung fu. I was considering maybe going to China to learn kung fu but also to get out of the country to experience another culture since ive never really traveled much. Ive only been to Canada as far as another country and not much different there. I was curious if anybody has heard of this school:
    http://www.worldlinkedu.com/martial_arts.html
    It looks like really nice and looks like a college or for studying abroad. I would only be intrested in the martial arts training but they seem to have alot going on and seems the transition for never being over there would be alot easier to feel comfortable through there school. Alot of other schools mentioned on here seem alittle ruff. This place looks really nice and includes quite a bit. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I also found this website:
    http://www.prcstudy.com/mandarin_martial_arts.shtml
    These schools look interesting to me because they are at actual universities that look clean, nice with lots of ammenities and such included.

Comment

how long do you plan to go for? what are your goals?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I would plan to be there anywhere bewtween 1-4 months...my goals would be to start a journey on learning kung fu/wushu....and to also experience the culture.

Comment

From their curriculum, it's not traditional Shaolin.

Second, there are literally thousands of these travel agent set ups, and "shaolin schools", on the internet and in China. What you see on the net is not going to be what you find when you get there. I remember pictures of Decheng's old school, in brochures and his old web site, LOL...

Do you want Shaolin training? Or any Chinese martial art? If you want Shaolin, go to Shaolin. If you want CMA, pick an area of the country in China that you think you want to live in for a while, and find a school there.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Im not real picky it could be shaolin..., traditional wushu with some light modern thrown in such as light tumbling and what not. I would like to learn some tumbling and some of the flair but also i want to have application not just all for show. So you think the exchange/study abroad thing is a bad idea? Any more suggestions?
            thanks
            Casey

Comment

It's not a bad idea. Just make sure that you go to a place which will offer you good training, and not just take your money. That's really an issue; doing business with Chinese can be a bit of a problem in the first place, doing business with Henan Chinese (whom the rest of the country hate doing business with, lol) as a foreigner can be a nightmare. You have to be careful when you engage in this. Remember, there are literally thousands of "schools" in China for this sort of thing now. It can be an awesome experience (I"ve been there what, eighteen times now, god knows why, for a total of almost two years, and I still go back...), but it can also be a horrible experience, if you don't do it right.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

I appreciate the feedback Doc. Do you know of any good wushu schools that focus more on traditional?

Comment

Anybody heard of this school:
                  http://www.chanwugongfu.com/home.htm

Comment

Do they also teach wingchun there?I am just wondering,

Comment

Working...
                    X