Women Training with Men (and Teen Boys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Lu,

I like a guy with a little swagger, so I am not hating on you, playa. It's just that you boys sometimes get together and want to touch or demean any pretty/smart/or otherwise sexy lady trying to assert or improve herself and we're just pushing back on that, that's all. Plus we want to stay sexy for you. Sure it's abused at times.

I suggest that you interact with your fantasy flesh puppets enough to really establish CONSENT. I won't even say you shouldn't lie to get it. Just don't push a drunk flesh puppet or push an unsure flesh puppet. Then you guys can play fun and nice (and dirty) together. I am just speaking up from on flesh puppet's perspective, that's all,

On a different topic, an info request, please. It sounds like you guys don't believe in the modern shaolin kung fu as a dharma door or think much of it's teachers. Is it an orthodoxy thing? Like the guys from a certain era were "true" and the current guys in power are "fake" and the guys who are in America are "fake unleashed"? Kinda like Christianity and its offshoots? Or is it cynicism?

Comment

Hey Nuxia. I'm sorry but i did not really understand your reply and I'm not farmiliar with the term "flesh puppet" i can imagine what it is but i have never heard it-I'm not american. What was I suposed to achieve by playing with a fantasy flesh puppet??? Please elaborate.

I do understand the part about girls trying do be both sexy and smart and i see nothing wrong with it. I deffinetly hear you on the part of guys misstreating girls sometimes, trying to touch or demean etc I too am against any type of rudeness and surely thats part of the reason why you martial arts girls are out there training hard, getting the necessary skills to defend yourselves and teach the rude boys some manners- I'm all for it, all for anybodys right to defend him/her self- thats real gongfu. I taught a few girls some serious techniques useful in any such encounter that can accur when guys forget their manners. My sister for example can seriously injure any guy if she gets the chance and thats my doing I'm very proud of that. I'm not saying she could knock any guy out but any one that puts his or her hand on her will have it broken! Learn real gongfu learn real skill if you can find it.

On that last part i can only start out by saying that its a little complicated. The various reasons you mentioned are all present but vary from person to person. Some of us believe in the "old shaolin" and not the shaolin of today, some of us believe that shaolin is totally lost and only about money, some believe that there are still som real shaolin monks but they are very few and private. Some believe they are all hustlers, fake unleashed was a god term. There are many more different opinions and the other guys will have to speak for them selves. Doc will tell you to search the different threads in the forum- and he will be right to because there is a shit load of useful and interesting information and discusions. Hopefully he will even give you some specific examples of threads to start with.

I my self believe that there are a few real monks left since I've been in contact with one and learned real skills. How do i know they are real? because they seriously injure my opponent when used and at the same time are health promoting etc etc (whole other discussion.) Apart from the very few serious ones i believe the rest are a bunch of hustlers with great flexibility in their legs but no fighting abilitys werth mentioning. And I go even further in my critique of the shaolin in the various threads. Start with reading the thread by the renegade shaolin dissident Iron cross- "my insano story" for example. Please feal free to ask if there is anything more that interests you.

Comment

Originally posted by master-lu

I my self believe that there are a few real monks left since I've been in contact with one and learned real skills. How do i know they are real? because they seriously injure my opponent when used and at the same time are health promoting etc etc (whole other discussion.) Apart from the very few serious ones i believe the rest are a bunch of hustlers with great flexibility in their legs but no fighting abilitys werth mentioning. And I go even further in my critique of the shaolin in the various threads. Start with reading the thread by the renegade shaolin dissident Iron cross- "my insano story" for example. Please feal free to ask if there is anything more that interests you.

I'm sure that someone else might have something to say to the above, but, that iis the whole point of sending the waves of 'monks' out of shaolin in the first place.

Each group have a different presence and bring shaolin, and everything that goes with that, into a accessable community and awareness...if it wasn't already for those that reaches, and it still comes back to the dharma door.

Gene Ching wrote I think wrote an ezine article exlaining the waves at www.kungfumagazine.com

You know, it's easy to dismiss the value of that in what it actually does for society and ppl around us and even ppl that aren't nearby, or even alive right now, but it is the same strengths that come from kungfu and from beliefs where ppl can access and find support and encourangement and reason to contribute to lives around us, that do make that happen.
        as subtle as we might or mightn't notice the positive ways it goes and comes back around in our real lives.

I liked the question, Nuxia.

Anyway, merry christmas russbo.com

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Every time one discussion takes place, it always seems to end with "real" monk dialog. - Humans Falter All The Time. Everyday. This Means Me And You Too. (Not You Doc). But Everyone Else, we are human, we will continue to make mistakes.

people try to live up to the vows they make, that includes monks too, because they point to a lifestyle of right chuss ness. but we fail at times because we are weak to some things, whatever they may be.

it seems to me, as if a person that wanted to know good kung fu, would research their choices and then ask for admission to the studies of the master. after acceptance, work hard to learn the skills and earn the right to one day teach them.

but what i see, is that most people learn just enough to get their asses kicked and think they know it all.

A masters skill is unquestonable, and impeccable. if it is less than that, he/she is no master.

the reason i say this is because skills are earned, through hard work and sincerity to master the skill. this is why skill is something we know that we are at least good at .

so what if an old frustrated man drinks, or has one, five, or ten kids, if that man or woman,can teach you the skills you seek.

Martial Arts is one thing, Spirituality, yet another.

both require you to train hard, so that you wont be easily beaten. one the body, the other, the spirit. Know Thyself.

peace

onefocus

Comment

Originally posted by onefocus
            Every time one discussion takes place, it always seems to end with "real" monk dialog. - Humans Falter All The Time. Everyday. This Means Me And You Too. (Not You Doc).
            I can guarantee, beyond a reasonable doubt, that I've made more mistakes in my lifetime, than all of you regulars put together.

And I continue to do so.

Merry Christmas by the way. It's midnight, and it just turned into another one of these holidays. Is it too late to buy presents....
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

come on man the shaolin monk discussions was never about anybody being perfect- that has to be said! It's was about being fake- fake claims, master worship, negligance, lies, deception etc etc etc- never say it was about being perfect cause thats the one thing it was never about!!!!! We all know that no one is perfect and thus we never claim to be. If you say you are righteous - you can't hustle people for money- that simple. If you admit that you are an ordinary person then you do ordinary things and there will be no big discussions about it here..
              IT WAS NEVER ABOUT BEING PERFECT!!!

Comment

nuxia,

i have to admit that i had a slight crush on my wushu instructor, but if the men are gentlemen, they will keep their minds out of the gutter, and focus on what they are there to do, which is to strengthen their martial arts.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
                  nuxia,

but if the men are gentlemen, they will keep their minds out of the gutter,
                  Being a gentleman has nothing to do with where you keep your mind.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

M-L the common thing most masters have in common is the fact that "truth needs no support".

what im saying here, is that we know a honest man when we see one. dont we?

i guess for me, i never cared about the beliefe systems of the world. my interest is in aquiring skill.

I get that from people who can do the things they say.

not talk about things they cant do.

Dont get me wrong, we should pass on info regarding fake and inspired teachers/instructors. but fakes, shouldn't get a lot of air time in my opinion.

it takes away more from the people who can help.

Comment

gong fu woman unite!

Hey Nuxia,

I was wondering what brought you to start this thread? Do you feel uncomfortable
                      training with the men and boys?

Does that make you feel insecure, or does it make you feel empowered?

Or do you pick up on insecurities on the boys part?

Comment

Onefocus i see your point and it's a reasonable one even if i don't agree with everything. Most of us know an honest man when we see one but sometimes it's not easy and people will be cheated. Well you know the rest...

Nuxia tell us about your views on training with men. Please share some experiances too. Do you experiance the same sexual stimulation as i do? You've read my posts when i discribed the strecthing etc, do you stretch with guys and drive them mad? Please share some thoughts, I'm so intersested in what girls think when they train with us.

Comment

what the hell...

i think someone just scared nuxia off.
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Hey what are you saying... yo mean I did it????? hahahaa probably... Please Nuxia come back! And please answer the questions in my previous post. PLEASE!!!!!

Comment

Nuxia? You Okay?

Comment

We always seem to scare the women away.

Except, that is, for BL.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X