fight quest on discovery channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fight quest on discovery channel

Just saw a preveiw for this on the discovery channel. From what I can gather it is just like human weapon but with differnt hosts. Here is a little blurb I found about it:
    The two American hosts, with backgrounds in other martial arts, go from one Asian country to another to try their different martial arts. They split up, each going to train with a different school. After a few days, they meet again and fight the baddest fighters they can find of that martial art. (see just like human weapon, hopefully this show will be better)

They are doing a kung fu episode 12/28 @ 10 pm

kunoichi

The "kung fu" episode is probably the one I set up for them in Shaolin, with DeYang and DeCheng. It was supposed to come out this past summer (I organized it for them in March 2007, they shot it I think in June or so).

They were then going to go to Thailand, where I was going to assist them with a Muay Thai segment, but they got sidetracked to another country. The Muay Thai segment is supposedly still being planned, as of this past summer.

Haven't heard from them since.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Did you post something about that a while back? I seem to remember you talking about helping the discovery channel set someting up in shoalin. I just hope this show is better than human weapon. Although, from the discription, it sounds like the the same show, differnt channel and hosts.

kunoichi

Comment

Did I miss the Kung Fu episode? I saw a Karate one and a french kicking style one(cant remember the name). Damn I guess I missed it. The discovery channel needs to play their fight shows like this and Last One Standing in reruns more instead of just showing reruns of Survivorman and Mythbusters all day. Or maybe I just need a TIVO.

Comment

Do we know who ellse these ppl have been associated with martially?? What about in competitive arenas?

Does anyone have a good link?

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

The kung fu episode was the first one they aired. I think they reran it last week. I tried to find a link to the video but I couldn't find one, just clips.

Here a link about the guys on the show http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/fight-quest/ring/ring.html

Kunoichi

Comment

Fight Quest was canceled by Discovery Channel. Apparently, they did not get the ratings that they needed. They needed a rating of 900 something (or 900k, I forget), and they only got around 700. So, no more. The producer that I worked with is now freelancing, and North South productions is moving on to other projects.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Where did you find out that it was cancelled? Do you know if they air going to air the remaining episodes? That kind of sucks, I though it was better than human weapon.

k

Comment

I think that there were 13 episodes, and they are all done filming them. Discovery continues to air them, but no new ones will be done according to the producer that I worked with in Shaolin. I stay in touch with them.

russbo.com

Comment

Look's like this show's made it to the UK now

it's being show on discovery uk start's @10pm on 22feb

here's the link to the uk site for the show
                    Welcome to DiscoveryUK.com - the home of Shark Week, MythBusters, Wheeler Dealers, Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush and more.

looks like there showing 10 episode's

mad4dos

Comment

Oh, by the way. The show did not get canceled. I meant to tell you this a while ago, but I forgot.

They contacted me about doing a Muay Thai episode in Thailand well over a month or two ago. The show got taken over by a different production team.

Looks like there will be another season of this.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                      X