No announcement yet.

xing yi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly Maestro I'm curious what you have to say to the replies that have been made since you gave up.

It appears I'm not the only one who thinks theres more to it than being a meat-head.

If you could take some time out of your busy killing schedule; i'd be delighted to her what you have to say.

Comment

Well Maestro here is a text of Huainanzi that might synthesis the Yin and Yang of this discussion. Huainanzi is a classic of Daoism, dating from 2 century BC, so well before Shaolin Si and even it might not have influenced many wushu practicionners it is a classic in the art of politics. It is one of my favourite book ever, i brought it in Shambala and i highly recommend to read it to undertsand chinese and daoist culture and have interesting insights in the art of war and peace. There is an edition by Thomas Cleary at Shambala publishers called The Book of Leadership and Strategy. One interesting thing to note, if i remember correctly, is that this book was not written by an individual but by a collective.

"
      What makes warriors strong is that they are ready to fight to death. What prepares them to fight to death is justice. What makes justice possible is great dignity. So when culture unites men and that military training makes them equal, they are said to be 'certain winners'。 And when great dignity and justice are practiced we talk about 'supreme force'.
      "

Comment

Working...
      X