No announcement yet.

shi yongzhi slapboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

master splinter no one said it was a slap boxing match!!!! Why was he rude by slapping him?

Comment

exactly, it wasnt a slapboxing match. the twc guy said he wanted to throw some punches at him and back up to see what he would do. which means he's not going to press forward. he just wants to see how shaolin style would react and defend against a few unplanned attacks. but yongzhi did nothing but get slapped. slapped because he had no defense and he was acting superior waving him on.

twc guy bowed because he didnt expect to land a slap on his face. yongzhi could have acknowledged the good slap by bowing back. but instead he hit him while he was bowing.... which is rude now?

Comment

wc guy bowed because he didnt expect to land a slap on his face.
        He purposely aimed to slap him so I cant see how he could not expect it to land.. he is after all a 'sifu' so should be able to land a strike now and then.

yongzhi could have acknowledged the good slap by bowing back.
        Nothing good about it - slaps are for girlie men.

Comment

Okay,

so we're all bummed out that the monk got slapped right? lol.

first of all, master lu, to show up at someone else's function, a chinese one at that, and to challenge a monk to a slapboxing match, and actually slap him is the most arrogant cocky thing someone can do.

second of all, lfj, maybe the guy just sucks, or maybe the guy just didnt expect that to happen. who knows... it wasnt a display of his real skill or power, which is an actual fight, like firbolg said, no one is that good, even a monk can get caught if he slips.

a monk isnt supposed to slip? well i guess yongzhi just has to "TRAIN HARDER MORE CHI!"
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by Firbolg
            He purposely aimed to slap him so I cant see how he could not expect it to land.. he is after all a 'sifu' so should be able to land a strike now and then.
            because as he requested in the beginning "tell him not to kill me", he obviously thought the monks were top fighters and just wanted to see them display a little without dying. to actually land a slap on the face of someone you think of like that would be surprising. hence his expression.

Nothing good about it - slaps are for girlie men.
            yongzhi slapped him back though... any point proven? lol

Originally posted by master splinter
            first of all, master lu, to show up at someone else's function, a chinese one at that, and to challenge a monk to a slapboxing match, and actually slap him is the most arrogant cocky thing someone can do.
            wasnt aware that it was yongzhi's function. and the guy didnt challenge anyone to a slapboxing match.

anyhow, watch again as he pointed out yongzhi's juniors, but yongzhi stepped up. so he sign-languaged "you and me? okay...". then did his thing.

yongzhi stepped up and got slapped. thats on him.

second of all, lfj, maybe the guy just sucks, or maybe the guy just didnt expect that to happen. who knows... it wasnt a display of his real skill or power, which is an actual fight, like firbolg said, no one is that good, even a monk can get caught if he slips.
            the point is, he had no defense whatsoever. thats why the slap landed. even in a friendly exchange he should be able to defend against, or at least try to avoid some simple swings. i mean, the point is to not get hit. why take it so lightly? especially if you're gonna lose face from it and hit the guy back while he's bowing.

Comment

over all I urged the wing chun guy to challenge him for a fight so that we could end this eternal bullshit discussion about the monks "real killing skills".
              Master splinter seems to believe that these monks posses some magic murdering skills, that can only be seen in a real fight when the monk wants to hurt his opponent. Therein lies the problem as doc would say. I say- in a real fight that monk would probably get his ass kicked. Most of them would. They do not posess these magical murdering skills and they are ordinary men just like the rest of us, the only difference between them and myself, is that they are chinese, wich I am not and they talk to much shit! Master splinter, I agree with you that ofcourse a monk could slip but thats not the issue here, you know that, Don't you?
              That- "he could have hurt him" crap I'm so tired of that high and mighty bullshit! if I were there i would ask that monk- please hurt me bitch! And see what he could do. Anyone of us here who has fought for real knows that kind of talk is nothing but talk.
              He could have...kissed MY ASSS!!!!

Comment

I agree with Lu on this one to a degree. Saying he was holding back as to not hurt the guy is pretty much middle school playground talk. "I would've beat you if I was actually trying" Come on face it he got knocked off his proverbial high horse. Getting slapped in the face after claiming to be a great martial artists with near unstoppable fighting abilities is straight up embarrassing. It's no wonder you would hear excuses made. Just like when you were in 6th grade and got beat in a race by a girl. Your friends would be making fun of you, at which point you would throw a million excuses out to save face. "I let her win" "My shoe laces weren't tied" "I didnt eat a good breakfast" and so on and so forth.

So he got slapped in the face and made to look the fool. So what. If he were any kind of humble master he would use the experience as a lesson and train to fix whatever weakness or limitation he had to ensure next time it didnt happen. Instead he was slapping back when the guy was bowing and acting high and mighty. Just sad in my eyes.
                The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

In my opinion that fat guy had no skill at all . No structure. Nothing. That wasn't even wingchun. A halfway decent wingchun guy could have done pull punches that would have obviously connected and then controled the monks arms. Then when the monk went to react the wingchun guy would just sense it in his arms act accordingly and put the monk at a controlled disadvantage. That fat guy through a couple of random, no commitment no power slaps with a limp flick of his wrists

Comment

the twc guy i think was not using wingcheunkyun. as he said he just wanted to throw a few punches and back off to see what shaolin guys would do in response. he wasnt trying to show or use wingcheunkyun. the point of this was to see shaolin demo their skills.

shi yongzhi sure rose to the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ
                      the twc guy i think was not using wingcheunkyun.
                      So he attacked someone and purposely chose not to use his l33t wc skillz? Seems kind of unlikely.. He may not have consciously chosen to use technique x or y but just by throwing a strike of any kind means that years of training in how to strike are being put to use. (hopefully!)

the point of this was to see shaolin demo their skills.
                      Then he should have arranged a proper sparring match, with none of that slap-fu and backing off nonsense. Both fighters should then have used all their skills subject to whatever fight rules decided between them in advance.

Comment

I been naging about that. I want them to face up in a proper sparring match- but I'm sure no shaolin monk would ever dare to do that sertainly not this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Firbolg
                          So he attacked someone and purposely chose not to use his l33t wc skillz? Seems kind of unlikely.. He may not have consciously chosen to use technique x or y but just by throwing a strike of any kind means that years of training in how to strike are being put to use. (hopefully!)
                          he said he was just going to throw a few punches and then back up. does that sound like wingcheunkyun to you? in this way, a punch is a punch.

Then he should have arranged a proper sparring match, with none of that slap-fu and backing off nonsense. Both fighters should then have used all their skills subject to whatever fight rules decided between them in advance.
                          his point was not to spar, but to see shaolin guys demo some possible responses to a few punches using their style. difficult to understand? difficult to perform?

Comment

Working...
                          X