Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siping City Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy

Hi.
    My brother is interested in going to this academy for a year. Can any one tell me anything about it? I went to http://www.shaolins.com/ and read about it. It all sounded good, but do we know is it for real, how international students are being treated? Level of studies, etc...
    All help is greatly appreciated.

There are threads on this school in this forum. (A simple search would have revealed it).

You might want to find them. Beware.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks, Doc.
      Which academies would you recomend?

Comment

Read this: http://www.russbo.org/vb/showthread....ghlight=siping

I used to suggest some schools in the Dengfeng area, which is close to Shaolin. However, at this time, schools erupt on the China mainland more rapidly than pimples on a pubescent teenage girl's ass. I can't keep up with them.

I usually send people to Decheng's school; I've known him for twelve years, I know the school, and I know what he teaches. But, no doubt, there are other good schools in the area, and in china.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

wow,how long did the school run?I also heard it is very cold in north of china,

Comment

It's very cold in Dengfeng in the winter; north of China is absolutely horrendously cold. I was in Harbin many years ago in February, 20 to 30 below Centigrade is ****ing cold no matter what you're wearing.

Siping is below that, but it's still in the "north" of China.

russbo.com

Comment

There is a Shaolin Academy in Siping? Interesting. Siping is relatively close to my hometown of Tonghua, they are in the same province (Jilin). But as far as I know, Siping is mainly known for having a mental institution. In fact, if someone acts like a lunatic, we used to use the line: "What's wrong? Just come out of Siping?"

You can bet it'll be colder than Dengfeng in the winter. Northeastern China has classic continental climate: cold in the winter, hot in the summer.

Comment

Working...
              X