Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changbai shan, tai shan,huang shan?

Hello,
    I am planning my trip to china for this augast and wanted to know if anyone has been to these mountains? I think for sure I will be visiting changbai shan, has anyone been there and what did you think of it? Also I am trying to chose between visiting Tai shan and Huang shan. For anyone that has been to both which one would you chose to go to and why?

thanks,
    kunoichi

I have pictures of Huangshan in the general site. I have not been to Tai Shan; from what I've been told, many sources, Huangshan is one of the most spectacular in China.

I was impressed. Just don't walk from the bottom like I did.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I have also heard that about huang shan. What impressed you about it? I'm kind of torn between the 2. I am really into taoist philosophy and read that tai shan is one of the sacred mountians of china. I will be going to wudang and shoalin so maybe I can skip tai shan this time.

thanks,
      kunoichi

Comment

Well, Huangshan is supposed to be "sacred", but, what makes a mountain sacred? Songshan at Shaolin is "sacred", but I've climbed that thing god knows how many times, and I never got a dose of spirituality. Get more "spiritual" at "church" in Las Vegas...

Songshan is not the most spectacular of them. There is another mountain, I forget the name, in Dengfeng, part of the same chain, that I've climbed a few times (taishishan?), it's spectacular, but doesn't come close to what you see at Huangshan.

Have not been to Wudangshan; was going to go one of the trips, but the dysentery prevented me from even thinking about traveling there. It's quite the haul from Shaolin, train and otherwise. You should consider Huangshan, and if you have the time, Emeishan. Emei is truly spectacular, especially with it's views of the Himalayas. That (was) a truly spiritual experience.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

for me it would be emei and wudang just because of the amazing taoist martiala rts that come from that area,

lucky you get to go, thats awesome.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
            for me it would be emei and wudang just because of the amazing taoist martiala rts that come from that area,

lucky you get to go, thats awesome.

agree on all points.

Uwe

Comment

If you go to Wudangshan, please get photos for the Photo Library. I'm "missing" that mountain...

russbo.com

Comment

I will definatly get pics of wudang for the site. I'm so exicted to finally get to go to china. How hard is it for someone who knows very little of the language to make travel arrangements while in china?

kunoichi

Comment

Well, I've done it two ways. Early on, my travel agent made arrangements for me to be picked up and shown around, as I traveled around various parts of China. Having a tour guide is helpful, providing they do pick you up. (I had one episode where I was left in Chengdu for a day until I got a hold of the right people). Later on, I just traveled with Chinese friends. It was easier that way.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X