Is the Archive gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Archive gone?

Hello, I am pretty new to the forums, and to Kung Fu, so naturally I have many questions, which have been adressed already in past topics.

I have found alot of useful info (and some not so useful, as is always the case with an internet forum) but some of the answers to threads of interest are "search the archives! This has already been discussed!"

Anyway, when I click the forum archive link at the top of the forums, it takes me to your typical ERROR 404 page. It has been this way since I joined about a week ago.
    Have these archives been erased or are they down temporarily, or am I just the only shmuck who cant access them?

The ARCHIVE is a forum that we used twelve years ago. Imagine the material that's stored in there....

It is not "gone", though it is not functional at this point in time. I am in the process of refurbishing the entire site. The main russbo site was just rebuilt this summer; that took me over three months. Just this week, I got the forums, photo library and classifieds sections upgraded, though I now have a lot of work to do to get many of the links in these forums upgraded to the new versions (hacks, etc). It takes time.

The ARCHIVE is a separate software program which got corrupted a while back because of Microsoft's Front Page software. I am in the process of getting that "fixed". Hopefully, the ARCHIVE should be back online in the next two weeks.

Sorry for any inconvenience. This site is well over five hundred pages, not including the various forums, etc. Maintaining it and managing it is a job.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Okay, cool. I guess I'll just check back every week to see if the archives are back up.

What am I doing surfing the net anyway? I'm supposed to be studying for my symbolic logic class.

Comment

Interest

Hello, I am pretty new to the forums, and to Kung Fu, so naturally I have many questions, which have been adressed already in past topics.

I have found alot of useful info (and some not so useful, as is always the case with an internet forum) but some of the answers to threads of interest are "search the archives! This has already been discussed!"

Anyway, when I click the forum archive link at the top of the forums, it takes me to your typical ERROR 404 page. It has been this way since I joined about a week ago.
        Have these archives been erased or are they down temporarily, or am I just the only shmuck who cant access them?:hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by xusici View Post

Have these archives been erased or are they down temporarily, or am I just the only shmuck who cant access them?:hmmm
          The archives were the initial software forum software that we used in 1995, before the advent of PHP and MYSQL database driven software. I guess I'm showing my age... It was HTML and CGI script based, and we stopped using it sometime in 1997 when vbulletin came out with the more advanced PHP/MYSQL forums. I kept it on the site because it did have some interesting information on it from way back when. Getting it to run on the more advanced Apache software in recent years was a problem, but I got it to work.

The site got hacked and destroyed about two years ago, and with time, I rebuilt it. However, because the Archives were HTML / CGI script driven, I could not get them to work with the new advances in Apache. Besides, it was a security risk, and I think the hack took place within them. So, they're gone. Software was 24 years old. Good lord, have I been doing this that long...?

I thought I had removed the links during the rebuild two years ago. I'll look and remove the links so that people don't try to search for them.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. CPA Firm

Comment

I wrote about a similar issue, I give you the link to my site. mobile car detailing

Comment

Best Drain Cleaning Services Sydney - Looking for a reliable blocked drain plumber in Sydney? We’ve got you covered! Unblock your drains and Blocked Toilet today. Blocked Drains Sydney

Comment

At Coastal Realty & Property Management, we’ve been managing Hacienda Pinilla Vacation Rentals since 2006, so we thought we’d share some advice for friends looking to visit for the first time.​

Comment

I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. Douceur sensualité Genève

Comment

Working...
                    X