Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Toxin Removing Footpads, These for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Toxin Removing Footpads, These for real?

There are these ads on TV for these japanese footpads that you put on your feet and they supposedly suck toxins out of your body through your bloodstream (dont ask me to go into details, I know as much as you do)

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these. They arent expensive, and I was thinking of trying it just for the hell of it to see if it really boosts energy. Plus I just quit smoking and want to get that crap out of my body.

So, for real? or just another TV gimmick, like that crappy soldering gun.

probably something absorbent like baking soda.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

If you're talking about those Kinoki foot pads they've been selling on TV, there's an interesting thread here discussing their effectiveness (or lack thereof) at length.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no idea whether they work or not. But like a lot of these kinds of products, there haven't been any reliable studies indicating they do actually work, or even proving the underlying mechanisms of how they supposedly work (reflexology, negative ions, etc.), so, save your money.

Comment

Why are you hanging out at a purse forum??

Zachsan. You really don't have to explain if you don't want to...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan View Post
          If you're talking about those Kinoki foot pads they've been selling on TV, there's an interesting thread here discussing their effectiveness (or lack thereof) at length.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no idea whether they work or not. But like a lot of these kinds of products, there haven't been any reliable studies indicating they do actually work, or even proving the underlying mechanisms of how they supposedly work (reflexology, negative ions, etc.), so, save your money.

That thread was pretty useless. It was just abunch of purse wielding idiots who never tried the product saying that it is a scam, and others basically saying, "OMIGOSH, like, I'm so confused, what is all this science, LEAVE OUR PURSE FORUM ALONE!"

One guy did list a place to find the pads for super cheap. The only person on there that used the pads as instructed said that they worked. For how cheap they are, I think I am going to try some out.

Comment

What makes you think that these pads will work?

Consider this: How many "toxins" can be removed through the skin? How many "toxins" can transverse across the thickened epidermis of the foot skin, including the very thick heel and ball areas? Do you think that some powder on tape applied to a skin area is going to do a better job of removing bodily "toxins" than, let's say, the liver, spleen, lymphatic system, lungs and kidneys? And, finally, what "toxins" are they talking about removing?

I'm amazed at some of the stuff that people sell on television. And, more amazed at how rich they get selling this shit. Maybe it's time to come up with "doc's head pads" to promote hair growth...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

The only person on there that used the pads as instructed said that they worked.
              The fact remains there isn't actual scientific evidence that they do. Anecdotal evidence is almost worthless. There will be people who swear by the effectiveness of every single bullshit product out there. You also have to keep in mind that people who have used the product have also paid for the product and thus have an interest in believing it's for real, for self-esteem and justifying-expenses-to-the-wife reasons.

Maybe it's time to come up with "doc's head pads" to promote hair growth...
              It's long past that time.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                What makes you think that these pads will work?

Consider this: How many "toxins" can be removed through the skin? How many "toxins" can transverse across the thickened epidermis of the foot skin, including the very thick heel and ball areas? Do you think that some powder on tape applied to a skin area is going to do a better job of removing bodily "toxins" than, let's say, the liver, spleen, lymphatic system, lungs and kidneys? And, finally, what "toxins" are they talking about removing?

I'm amazed at some of the stuff that people sell on television. And, more amazed at how rich they get selling this shit. Maybe it's time to come up with "doc's head pads" to promote hair growth...
                Yeah, maybe you guys are right. I'll just keep on excercising and drinking lots of water. And vitamins, I should get some of those.

And about those head pads, lol. I'm not sure that a bald guy would sell too many. Now doc's penis pads, for lengthier, gerthier erections! THATS A HOT POTATO!!!

Comment

I've heard a variety of feedback on these things. Mostly I think they're a complete crock of shite.

Essentially the mechanism of action in most of them is that oxidation of bamboo vinegar causes the "clean" pad to turn darkly colored by morning.

Thus giving the illusion the pad has absorbed turbid substances from the feet.

In reality, most of them would turn dark left out of their packaging on a kitchen counter overnight.

But dont take my word, test em.

Put it face up on a clean surface overnight, and also put a set on your feet.

A friend of mine who moves very little in her sleep and wraps the blankets very tightly found that they didnt even change color for her. Despite being far from toxin free. Thus suggesting that oxidation is a more important factor in the pads color changing than the presence of toxins which are permeable to human skin.

If you want to detoxify yourself, eat more unproccessed or minimally processed plant matter, drink lots of water, and eat organic seaweeds. (the organic part being important in assuring a lack of heavy metal contamination)
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

If you want to detoxify yourself, eat more unproccessed or minimally processed plant matter, drink lots of water, and eat organic seaweeds. (the organic part being important in assuring a lack of heavy metal contamination)
                    Or try my strategy and just lay off the booze for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X