• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Duplicity

Kind of reminds me what Yongxin did to Deyang many years ago:

China claims firearms found in Tibetan temple
    Area in southwest of country has been scene of anti-Chinese riots

BEIJING - Chinese forces found firearms hidden throughout a Tibetan temple in an ethnic Tibetan area of southwestern China which has been the scene of anti-Chinese riots in recent weeks, state television said.

Police, responding to what they said was a tip-off from the public, found 30 firearms in the monastery in Aba prefecture of Sichuan province last month, state television said in a report, a transcript of which was posted on the station's Web site.

"At the time these firearms were scattered around, some were where the monks keep the scriptures," policeman Lan Bo told the program. "They were modified semi-automatic weapons."

The temple in which state television said the weapons were found was named by the programme in Chinese as Geerdeng.

In a recent visit to western Gansu province, officials showed reporters a film including weapons seized from demonstrators. The weapons included a few hunting rifles, many Tibetan knives, and lassos. No demonstrators shown on the films were armed.

In towns that reporters visited in the remote province, lanes running through monasteries were silent and empty, with people identified by Tibetans as undercover security agents squatting at the doors of each building.

China has accused the Dalai Lama of orchestrating the violence in Tibet and other Tibetan areas of the country.

But the Dalai Lama has rejected the accusations, speaking out against the use of violence, calling for talks with China and backing the Beijing Olympics.

Chinese media has mentioned the Dalai Lama's announced support for Beijing holding the Olympics, but has then immediately condemned him for being insincere.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

WEll if the chinese government says so it must be true...
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

The weirdest thing keeps happening to my TV when I'm watching Hong Kong channels in Shenzhen... every time someone mentions Tibet on the news my television gets confused and switches to an advertisement, sometimes for as little as 10 seconds before it switches back. Oddly enough, when it switches back there's no longer any discussion of Tibet...

Bizarre.

Anyway, i know the Chinese are helping the people in Tibet because Chinese news tells me so. Repeatedly.

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
      Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Working...
      X