No announcement yet.

online daodejing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here're a few quotes inferencing the daodejing, which, i think, illuminate the point.

The way is eternally present and infinitely useful as the fountainhead of all things; it came before any personified concept of God.

Its essence can be seen by the desireless; those who desire see its manifestations.
    Lao-zi found that the best knowledge is to know that you do not know, and like Socrates he found that thinking you know when you do not is a disease. By recognizing this disease, the wise are free of it.

Lao-zi suggested abandoning religion and cleverness, humanity and morality, skill and profit, and recommended instead simplicity, the natural, controlling selfishness, and reducing desires.
    The way to make sense of a muddy world is to let it be still until it becomes clear.

Troubles come from being selfish.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Who do you blame for fetter, Fahui? Buddhadharma is what's in the heart at emptiness, right? And samsara and nirvana are a very crucial part of that it all fits together and each has a place right? how do you blame someone for not being enlightened??
      the term "selfish" is pretty accusational regarding attachment to expectation. what is Amitabah and bodihcitta about??

At least the ppl looking at it, the doctrine they might or might not understand buddhadharma and dao of, or in any amount or at any point of emptiness or attatchment, arre looking and mindfully acknowledging a "buddha" wisdom that is not of their ego.
      What else do we want from them??
      Buddha accepts "way off the mark" avatarically. if that's what they have, then that's what they have. How is thaat not of dao of buddhanature/ dharma or otherwise?? if they understood or could empty otherwise, then thaat's what they'd have. but they couldn't yet and didn't.
      is it selfish to demand they all be enlightened or must suffer a damning judgement??

Are you lonely by any chance, Fahui??

Comment

i think fahui is making an observation, not a demand, and this may be where the misunderstanding is stemming from.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

You know, after looking at Fa Hui and BL's pictures, I think they'd make a great couple.

I can just see the children now.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

stop sexing me up, you funny.

maaayyybe, I had my one kid minimum quota and I'm done. so there.

I do have a younger half japanese cousin who's a catholic nun who could probably use the company aswell you know.

woah. with "so" many eligible men out there.. who could resist but go into mofo lifelong proactive samadhi vigil that one at least of you dumbf*cks gets your shit together ??
            It's for world peace. I'm sure you might understand. * slurp ...*

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

way to blue
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                here're a few quotes inferencing the daodejing, which, i think, illuminate the point.

http://san.beck.org/EC15-Taoism.html

Nice quotes in context, really.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui View Post
                  What I think most people do is make the mistake of trying to understand stuff like the Daodejing, and Buddhadharma. When they get so frustrated, and more confused at continuing to grasp at something that is not of their own understanding they try to make it fit into their philosophy that they currently hold. That is way off the mark.

Understanding will come; it just takes time, patience, and letting go.

I was going to let it go, but I will do you on it. Why is it you think that you speak of being angry and of selfishishness of others? Do you know what ii hear when I hear ppl describe how angry they are? Karmic caustation circles is what. anger and blame doesn't resolve anything, but it iis a part of grief cycles, so that's that then.
                  It's all good and well to vent otherwise, but how ppl might interperate when you do, is a pretty good reason against skism promo to self-moderate terms like that. feel free to broaden your perspective to settle down about it any time you want to.
                  You can consider that ^ rhetorical if you like.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
                  Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus View Post
                    I was going to let it go, but I will do you on it. Why is it you think that you speak of being angry and of selfishishness of others? Do you know what ii hear when I hear ppl describe how angry they are? Karmic caustation circles is what. anger and blame doesn't resolve anything, but it iis a part of grief cycles, so that's that then.
                    It's all good and well to vent otherwise, but how ppl might interperate when you do, is a pretty good reason against skism promo to self-moderate terms like that. feel free to broaden your perspective to settle down about it any time you want to.
                    You can consider that ^ rhetorical if you like.

Blooming tianshi lotus.
                    I think you are making more out of something than there actually is.

And no I'm not lonely, I have a very beautiful girlfriend....
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Further proof that gorgeous women go for those hunky religious guys.

We want pictures Fa.

OK, email is fine. I wouldn't put my gf on the forum either.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                        Further proof that gorgeous women go for those hunky religious guys.

We want pictures Fa.

OK, email is fine. I wouldn't put my gf on the forum either.

I don't mind.
                        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

OK FA, so which is better, now that you've experienced both:

Babes or Buddhism?

Tell us oh great one.

russbo.com

Comment

I haven't gone back, have I?

Comment

Working...
                            X