No announcement yet.

Understanding capitalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i m not versed in ethnology but i believe many tribes have lived without state or money and that among them there was no rich or poor. Take some amazonian tribe for instance.

Rich and poor is only one aspect of evolution. I think the fault is the rich's one.

Again if my brother die without medicine while i buy a new car, it is not my fault?

In buddhism, craving is the root of violence. The rich craves for its own pleasure regardless of the suffering of the poor. There is a buddhist sutta about that: how the division between rich and poor created violence from the poor in order to earn some of the rich's wealth.

I dont understand how you can understand the justice of rich and poor? The rich has more merits, is more clever? How do you measure that? The only justice should be according to compassion and often the rich do not have more compassion than the poor. And also capitalism is not very democratic: some have the power to decide for others. The shareholders set the rules for the workers, there is no freedom but alienation.

Throughout history capitalism has caused many deaths. Just think about the Opium wars, Great Britain has made in China. Make wars in order to sell drugs!

Comment

If you're going to use direct monetary sources for one on one "band aiding", much luck to you. It still doesn't resolve the issue that caused the illhealth and it still doesn't cater for all the rest of ppl who dont have to brother or other to pay for them.

Would it nOt lack compassion to spend your money on him over the entire situational cause and other sufferers of the same??
      Why do you crave medicine for that person anyway??
      Would you not be exaccerbating the highlighting of that others dont have someone to spend money on them if you drew a division between them by who gets aid and who doesn't?
      So, would the medicine provider set the standard for the poor to conform around in order to receive that, especially if that they should have mediine is the going theory?
      That very idea, and even more so in their acceptance, does nOt free them, it endebtors them to the provider.
      and therefore, if you want to get really traditional buddhist theoried about it, gives the providers qigong demons to the recipient as a result of that. particularly when livihood and 'at the expense of what' is allso on the table in that scenario. and poor ppl, according to yourself being often the more compassionate, what is the karmic cyling about that, do you think?

and how to break even or resolve some of that karma ( out of compassion of course) do you think, Liutangsanzang?

Life causes death. end of story, btw. A million and more ways to die. Pick one.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Suffering

Like I said, everything in the world is cause and effect. Everything is as it should be. There isn't any other way. The other ways are something we conjure in our imagination.

Besides, this world is just a fragment of it all. Death isn't such a big deal. When animals or people are suffering an ill fate, that's only because of the karma.

But of course we should do everything we can to help all living beings, and to do the best we can to avoid killing.

But to take it personally and go on a crusade to convert other people is just stupid, and it only makes you even more attached to this world, creating even more suffering.

Zach, you didn't get the point of my post.

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
          Here is an article about the death of millions of children in lack of medical assistance.

I dont understand how capitalist countries and companies can continue to earn billions of dollars while children die because they cannot pay a few dollars of medicine? As some islamists say isnt the rich countries the biggest terrorists in the world? As a member of such country i feel like i must be very careful about my political karma for it seems the history of western political violence is not ended.
          Well, this thread started as a veritable attack against "capitalist countries" and how they make money at other's expense.

What about all the nice things that China has done these past two years or so? Let me remind you, with an article from one of my medical journals:

April 30, 2008 – Contamination of the worldwide heparin supply, which resulted in a substantial increase in adverse events and an estimated 81 deaths in the US, appears to have been a deliberate act to increase profits in Chinese workshops.

Speaking at a Congressional hearing on the debacle held on April 29, 2008 [1], David Nelson, an investigator for the Committee on Energy and Commerce, noted that the contaminant, oversulfated chondroitin sulfate, was apparently added to crude heparin in China at some stage in the production process by parties that have yet to be identified. "This contaminant has anticoagulant properties that mimic heparin, but at a much lower production cost--about $20/kg vs $2000/kg to produce crude heparin. Accordingly, there is speculation that the contaminant was added deliberately to increase profits for the workshops and/or consolidators that ship the crude material to Changzhou SPL, SPL Wisconsin, and other heparin [active pharmaceutical ingredient] API producers," he reported.
          Give fake heparin to a person who is allergic to sulfa (a very common allergy), and there's trouble. All in the race to increase profits.

Shall we start mentioning all the other issues that Chinese factories have raised these past few years? Leaded paint? Purposely faulty manufacturing? Stolen intellectual property?
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Well, the figure of six million dying each year wi thout proper cheap medicine just keeps on coming i n my mind.

Maybe with birth control there would be only three  million?

If we prayed for each one every day, it would spen d a lot of time. And i dont think God will change  anything.Maybe the buddhas and the bodhisattvas wi ll?

During this time capitalist pharmaceutical compani es make huge benefits.Where is the capitalist comp assion? 6 million a years... In 6 years more than  jews killed by nazis.Is Bin Laden mad when he says  western countries, and its saudi ally, are the bi ggest terrorists in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post

Maybe with birth control there would be only three  million?
              Throw in legal and backroom abortions, and some illegal "morning after" pills and you could probably get it down to one million.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
              X