Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I'm actually a very, very old member of Russbo, but I have no idea of what username I used to use, and I looked through the forums and can't find any of my old posts, so I decided to join up again and create a new account.

I used to come here many, many years ago, I'm pretty sure the site has had a couple of major face lifts since then.
    There only used to be a few regulars on the forums back then, and we'd have good chats.

I remember chatting with people, and Doc of course, about how I could actively participate in martial arts, particularly kung fu, as I have major medical issues and at the time had problems walking and pain whenever I moved.
    We came to the general conclusion that it would be very beneficial for me to do kung fu at the speed of t'ai chi and qi gong.

Unfortunately I've never had the money to get one on one training as it's stupidly expensive, and nowadays I'm in a wheelchair and movement is worse than ever.

It turns out I'm hypermobile, and what's happening is that my joints are all dislocating as I move, so I cut down on things and just practice a bit of t'ai chi when I'm not too bad.
    I can walk around a bit though, and I'm really interested in getting back into proper t'ai chi practice, and learning qi gong to try and help with my problems.

I'd love to be able to learn kung fu properly, but I'm not stupid, I know that I'll probably never be able to do a lot of what's done in even the basics, but it would be nice to have a go.
    I could use a lot of kung fu as simple motions for t'ai chi and qi gong, but I dread to think how much one on one sessions would cost.
    I've looked at qi gong sessions and class kung fu sessions, but they're really expensive too (I'm a poor disabled student hehe), and I wouldn't be able to keep up with a class for kung fu, not even a kids class.

I'm a Buddhist too, Kagyu (Tibetan), and have been most of my life, so I can participate in discussions along philosophical lines, but I don't know too much about kung fu itself.
    Chi and chi manipulation, I'm pretty good with though.

Ahh well.
    That's me anyway.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

Djon Ma.

God damn. It's been a long time. (I think that was your user name before, BTW). Glad to hear that your still doing well, truly sorry to hear about your continued disability. What's most important in life is not how your body moves, but what's in your heart. And as I remember, you had a big good one.

Welcome back. We missed you.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

welcome.....................
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

To be remembered is fantastic!
        I thought my name was probably Djonma or Djon Ma, but I couldn't find it on the site anywhere, and I had no idea of what password I was using back then.

It's definitely good to be back. I kind of pulled away from everything physical as my body got worse and worse, I think mostly because I missed being able to do things.

But I'm getting a handle on things now, and I'm back for good :-)

Djon Ma

"For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."

Shantideva
        Karma Dechen Djon Ma
        Shantideva

Comment

It's possible that you were active and listed in the old Forum Archive, which I have not yet gotten back online. I can't find you either in the new software. Which means, we haven't heard from you in, oh, eight years or so? Time sure passes by.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
            It's possible that you were active and listed in the old Forum Archive, which I have not yet gotten back online. I can't find you either in the new software. Which means, we haven't heard from you in, oh, eight years or so? Time sure passes by.
            Has it been that long since we first started out all those years ago....man, I'm getting old!
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

The very first forum was a FrontPage thing. Simple forum, I started in 1997.

I moved to Discusware soon thereafter, I think, in 1998. It had more features, and was more robust. That is the Forum Archive. I'll get it back online, once I get the Arcade up and running, and HELL.

I made the change to VBulletin I think, sometime in 2000??? I could not move the posts or users from the Discuware board over, which is why I kept it as an Archive. It's a different monster to deal with, complicated to install. I've become rather adept at messing with VBulletin over the years. It's far superior, far more complicated, and far more powerful. But it takes time to get the "extras" up and running.

I'll get the Archive back one day. I think we'll see Djon Ma in there.

russbo.com

Comment

yo, howdy.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Moved you up to Super Member. So you can derive all the benefits of being one.

Which, basically, um, are none.

OH, you can play in the Arcade now. I got it up and running.

russbo.com

Comment

Wow, I come back and my name's blue!

I remember Fa Hui!!
                    Well I think I do anyway haha!
                    My memory's appalling, but I'm sure I remember that name.
                    It really was a LONG time ago... I don't remember the destruction of the village.
                    So it may have been just before then; 1999 maybe.

But anyway, all under the bridge as they say.

So, now I need to work my way around the forums and stop looking at the join date on people and thinking the threads are ancient :-)

I'm off out now to meet a friend, but might get started posting in the Buddhist section later on.

Djon Ma
                    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
                    Shantideva

Comment

Just a quick test of avatar and sig :-)
                      Karma Dechen Djon Ma
                      Shantideva

Comment

Interesting you practice Kagyu buddhism. In common with Shaolin, it has indian roots trough Tilopa and Naropa.
                        But these days i feel tibetan tantric buddhism is quite often on the dark side. Take the Milarepa story, some may think you can commit crimes and still become a saint. Even Tara has its angry faces. It might be realistic but might also havea dark effect on the subconscious.
                        Also the tibetan history is not very peaceful. These lamas if they are reincarnated must have gone to many dark times.

What s your opinion on this?

Comment

Onespr1ng made this a seperate post, so I'm commenting there :-)

It may take a while, I've only just woken up!

Djon Ma
                          Karma Dechen Djon Ma
                          Shantideva

Comment

Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.
                            US Masters

Comment

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

My website: Australian Open

Comment

Working...
                              X