Shaolin animal styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin animal styles

When talking about shaolin gong fu, the fist thing that comes to ones mind is animal styles like tiger, snake, crane, mantis, eagle, ect. This would imply that these are the old styles used long time before existence of modern wushu, yet when I look for traditional animal forms on youtube, all I get is modern wushu. I am wondering are there any traditional animal forms being taught or has it all turned into wushu.

i can send you a vid of a friend of mine walking through a northern long fist mantis form for me... basically cause i forgot it (da hu yan). truly a great form... actually one of my favs.

i can also direct you to a couple other mantis long fist forms done by various people on youtube. let me know..i'll pm you.

o
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Sure, that would be great.

Comment

i've sent you the link for da hu yan. i'll dig up a few more when i have some more time.
        best..

o
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I think this is interesting to imitate animals. It is common with yoga. Do we have the same imitation in the west?

This might be linked to a view on emptiness. For hindus animals have the same dignity as humans or even sometimes higher, like the sacred cow or the elephant god Ganesha. It is also linked with vegetarianism. In a way, how can you eat your friend?

Comment

you're killing me........
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Would you let yourself being killed now? Would it be different as an animal?

Comment

you said you weren't preaching, trying to convert others, and that you don't even know yourself if vegetarianism is the right way......

what am i missing?
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

What do i do else but asking questions? Arent most plants and many animals vegetarians? Why not imitate? Why not get killed now? And if you want to get the traditional form of animals in Gong fu, why not turn to Yoga practice?

Comment

I think from now on for every pro-peta message or message that pushes vegetarianism I will eat one extra piece of meat at a given meal and eat one less vegetable. So liutangsanzang you will be the cause of an INCREASE in the consumption of meat. Cheers...
                    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Well talking about animal forms in traditional Gong Fu, why the monkey king Sun Wu Kong, grandfather of all freedom fighters, was a vegetarian? Can you answer this one?

Comment

Now i will eat 2 pieces of chicken tonight. At this rate I will have to buy more meat products...
                        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Would you make a joke at killing your father? Why discriminate between your father's will and the chicken's will?

Comment

Looks like im eating nothing but meat tonight. No vegetable side dishes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                              Would you make a joke at killing your father? Why discriminate between your father's will and the chicken's will?

Buddha doesn't advocate having a will, because that is a bi-product and function of ego. If that chicken, or cow or any other animal for that matter could do what I 'm doing toward securing life on the planet, then I pobably might, in death or afterlife or whatever, be at peace with it eating me instead and taking an early death to help it do that. but, it cannot and I am at the top of the food chain and have that resposibility and nature, not it, so, tough bikkys.

You've been warned about going on about your dogmatic vegetarian nazi extremist garbage on other threads already.

This was a thread about kungfu, not more vegetarian extremist garbage. You might want to learn some respect and let ppl talk about other things.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Working...
                              X