Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tibet

Liutangsanzang,

Do you understand that most of us who have been members here the longest, have all mostly come from the west and left, permanently or long term intermittently for varying long periods and over several to many yrs??

I think this concept of that We have difficulty criticising our own nationialism is a concoction of your own attachment to a perception that we see it like that, because you are trying to personalise everything due to imo your attachmnent to self and 'coming to terms with death' issues of blame and freedom and again karmic circles and peaceful sense behind the processive sequence of neccessary events from that through true emptiness and awakening by the injustices of those things, that no matter what anyone says to you, you just make up your own blamefilled story and dont hear reason or anything else but your own blamefilled ideas, as opposed to appreciating the nature of the cycle and every single one of it's parts and expressions.

you are definately a whole other type of ignorant radical. have you ever heard of pauline pants pants-down, and her infamous "I dont like anything" line? well, your insistance not to claim a dharmic root philosophy and criticism of absolutely everything else, reminds me of that.

Is there by chance something you are trying currently to emancipate yourself from?

Where were you born, Liutangsanzang? where did you grow up? ...

Anyway, Also, you talk of poverty and repetitively highlight it as a topic of yours.. is thaat not worship of a dark god as part of exactly what you call deviant of other vedicly rooted philosophy?

Blooming tianshi lotus.
    Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-20-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    "honestly girls dont seem to want anything other then whatever they want "atm" then that can always change:"
    maestro's love genius.

first we work to live, then we live to work, ..& then when someone else can do it good enough without us - we can all run off and die.
    Blooming tianshi lotus

"find something & thatd turn me on.." drahillionaire, warren buffet.

'if you keep going, eventually you get there' chuck norris

Well, if you dont need to deconstruct western propaganda, very well zen. As Godard said in a movie about the VietNam war:"Everything is all right". You are nearly a great sage equalling heaven.

Remember the movie Kundun,about the 14 Dalai Lama. Isnt it a great piece of Hollywood propaganda. Tibet there is presented in such a harmonious way, with all the lamas having great compassion. The problem is that many historians paint a different Tibet with a lot of cruelty coming from the nobles and the lamas.

Not that this movie Kundun has no merits. It may open people to compassion and buddhism. But can you create merits on lying?

Just a thought on western propaganda and movies... Matrix is also a hell of propaganda when it comes to Zion.

And thanks for deconstruction of my ego.

What do you think about western propaganda when it comes to China?
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

Nothing better to do on a Thursday night than to watch Liu and BL go at it.

Where else can you get this sort of entertainment?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Sorry I've not posted for a while; I've been moving and had exams, and then nearly broke my knee so things have been a bit hectic.
    I've still got exams and moving to finish, so I'll still be a bit sporadic.

I don't really see much point in this topic continuing though; Liu obviously has his point of view and will not change whatsoever. Odd that he contradicts himself sometimes though.
    Very small example is the film Kundun; not all the Lamas are portrayed as being perfect.
    Quite the opposite when it comes to Reting Rinpoche, and everything is laid bare about his terrible non-monkly habits.
    Again, HHDL's Father and the way the Kachag live is laid bare, and the way that money is demanded for finding the boy HHDL, and how his Father is suddenly made rich beyond anyone of his previous status' dreams.
    It's not a great thing, and it's made obvious, they don't shy from it.

But anyway, the UN have agreed that about 8million ethnic minority people (mostly Tibetan) have been killed since the invasion. The UN continue to decry China's humanitarian actions as abuse, torture, and murder.
    They really do know what they're talking about.
    And China continues to refuse access for the UN to certain monks that they've demanded they be allowed to see, to see if they're alive or healthy.

This isn't a bunch of Free Tibet people raving, it's the UN.

I have never said Tibet was perfect.
    No humans are perfect; if they were, they'd be Buddha.
    There are Buddhas working amongst us, and hopefully their work and prayers will help us survive ourselves.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

Djonma, i only have belief and i am always ready to change according to truth. That s what i do in meditation, letting other points of view to have their life.

Again, i dont deny there are problems in Tibet but what i question is the western illusions. These illusions sometimes come close to be sectarian when it is about buddhism.

For instance take the 14 Dalai Lama. You call him his holiness. But what about the cruelties he is reported to have done when he was 5 and 13 Dalai Lama. Does that make him a saint? In this life some people consider his words do not adjust his life. Take the habit of meat eating, take his relations to the mad terrorist japanese guru of Aum Shirinkyo. Check this http://www.trimondi.de/SDLE/Part-2-13.htm

The guru yoga is very dangerous. It is good for devotion but can become a tool for power. Why dont you have guru yoga in Theravada? Theravadans only need the good spiritual friend. And strangely the guru yoga practice is strong in a country where lamas have political power. Cant it be a totalitarian tool?

I would also like to ask you about your opinion on the tibetan nuns. Why is it so male dominated? Most of the great lamas are men, most of the so called tulkus, living reincarnation, are men. Why? Cant women become tulkus?

Thanks for your answers and devotion to buddhism. But one should not take illusions for reality, nor be sectarian.

Peace and love

There are many women Tulkus, and Lamas, and Bodhisattvas.
    My Lama's Lama runs a Nunnery, so I know quite a bit about Nuns.

I don't think we're going to be able to discuss much more, to be honest, you have one view, I have another.
    I've already explained HH 14 DL's meat eating to you; it's for medical reasons.
    Yes, I do call him Holy, I call HH 5 DL Holy, despite what he did to my school.
    Those were things of the times.
    Would you not call the Pope a holy man, despite the Crusades?
    (Though I'd hesitate to call all of them Holy, some of them were purely political and greedy).

Anyway, if you get caught up in history, you cannot see the present or the future. And that's what Buddhism is about. Live in the present.
    We need our past to remind us what not to do, but we don't need to get lost in it and consumed by an obsession about how terrible things are because of it.
    Which kind of seems to be where you're headed.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

Peace and thanks for your compassion DjonMa.

A bit of history from www.trimondi.de

"
    Outside of these groups one individual towers like a monolith and is highly revered and called as a witness by all four: Alexandra David-Neel (1868–1969). At the start of this century and under the most adventurous conditions, the courageous French woman illegally traversed the Tibetan highlands. She was recognized by the Tibetans as a female Lama and — as she herself notes — revered as an incarnation from the “Genghis Khan race”. (quoted by Bishop, 1989, p. 229).

In 1912 she stood before the Thirteenth Dalai Lama as the first western woman to do so. Despite her fascination with Tibet and her in depth knowledge of the Lamaist culture she never allowed herself to become completely captivated or bewitched. When it appeared there would be a second audience with His Holiness, the Frenchwoman, the daughter of a Calvinist father and a Catholic mother, said : “I don't like popes. I don't like the kind of Buddhist Catholicism over which he presides. Everything about him is affected, he is neither cordial nor kind” (Batchelor, 1994, p. 311).

Alexandra David-Neel had both a critical and an admiring attitude towards Lamaism and the tantric teachings. She was also repulsed by the dirty and degrading conditions under which the people of Tibet had to live, and thus approved of the Chinese invasion of 1951. On the other hand, she was so strongly attracted to Tibetan Buddhism that she proved to be its most eager and ingenious student. We are indebted to her for the keenest insights into the shady side of the Lamaist soul. Today the author, who lived to be over 100, has become a feminist icon."

Milarepa: “The Kadampa have teachings, but practical teachings they have not. The Tibetans, being possessed by evil spirits, would not allow the Noble Lord (Atisha) to preach the Mystic Doctrine. Had they done so, Tibet would have been filled with saints by this time”

Dont you know Mila, the mad yogi, is famous for criticizing tibetans?
    Last edited by liutangsanzang; 05-27-2008 at 05:30 PM.

LOS ANGELES - Sharon Stone’s “karma” is having an instant effect on her movie-star status in China.

The 50-year-old actress suggested last week that the devastating May 12 earthquake in China could have been the result of bad karma over the government’s treatment of Tibet. That prompted the founder of one of China’s biggest cinema chains to say his company would not show her films in his theaters, according to a story in The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’m not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else,” Stone said Thursday during a Cannes Film Festival red-carpet interview with Hong Kong’s Cable Entertainment News. “And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you’re not nice that the bad things happen to you?” MSNBC
    More proof that America's celebrities, whom people seem to adore, are morons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast