No announcement yet.

Tibet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many women Tulkus, and Lamas, and Bodhisattvas.
    My Lama's Lama runs a Nunnery, so I know quite a bit about Nuns.

I don't think we're going to be able to discuss much more, to be honest, you have one view, I have another.
    I've already explained HH 14 DL's meat eating to you; it's for medical reasons.
    Yes, I do call him Holy, I call HH 5 DL Holy, despite what he did to my school.
    Those were things of the times.
    Would you not call the Pope a holy man, despite the Crusades?
    (Though I'd hesitate to call all of them Holy, some of them were purely political and greedy).

Anyway, if you get caught up in history, you cannot see the present or the future. And that's what Buddhism is about. Live in the present.
    We need our past to remind us what not to do, but we don't need to get lost in it and consumed by an obsession about how terrible things are because of it.
    Which kind of seems to be where you're headed.

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

Comment

Peace and thanks for your compassion DjonMa.

Comment

A bit of history from www.trimondi.de

"
        Outside of these groups one individual towers like a monolith and is highly revered and called as a witness by all four: Alexandra David-Neel (1868–1969). At the start of this century and under the most adventurous conditions, the courageous French woman illegally traversed the Tibetan highlands. She was recognized by the Tibetans as a female Lama and — as she herself notes — revered as an incarnation from the “Genghis Khan race”. (quoted by Bishop, 1989, p. 229).

In 1912 she stood before the Thirteenth Dalai Lama as the first western woman to do so. Despite her fascination with Tibet and her in depth knowledge of the Lamaist culture she never allowed herself to become completely captivated or bewitched. When it appeared there would be a second audience with His Holiness, the Frenchwoman, the daughter of a Calvinist father and a Catholic mother, said : “I don't like popes. I don't like the kind of Buddhist Catholicism over which he presides. Everything about him is affected, he is neither cordial nor kind” (Batchelor, 1994, p. 311).

Alexandra David-Neel had both a critical and an admiring attitude towards Lamaism and the tantric teachings. She was also repulsed by the dirty and degrading conditions under which the people of Tibet had to live, and thus approved of the Chinese invasion of 1951. On the other hand, she was so strongly attracted to Tibetan Buddhism that she proved to be its most eager and ingenious student. We are indebted to her for the keenest insights into the shady side of the Lamaist soul. Today the author, who lived to be over 100, has become a feminist icon."

Comment

Milarepa: “The Kadampa have teachings, but practical teachings they have not. The Tibetans, being possessed by evil spirits, would not allow the Noble Lord (Atisha) to preach the Mystic Doctrine. Had they done so, Tibet would have been filled with saints by this time”

Dont you know Mila, the mad yogi, is famous for criticizing tibetans?
          Last edited by liutangsanzang; 05-27-2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

LOS ANGELES - Sharon Stone’s “karma” is having an instant effect on her movie-star status in China.

The 50-year-old actress suggested last week that the devastating May 12 earthquake in China could have been the result of bad karma over the government’s treatment of Tibet. That prompted the founder of one of China’s biggest cinema chains to say his company would not show her films in his theaters, according to a story in The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’m not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else,” Stone said Thursday during a Cannes Film Festival red-carpet interview with Hong Kong’s Cable Entertainment News. “And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you’re not nice that the bad things happen to you?” MSNBC
            More proof that America's celebrities, whom people seem to adore, are morons.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Maybe we can analyze Miss Stone ideas under the category of western propaganda as i have talked before.

It is even a little bit racist. How the chinese children who died can have a bad karma about the Tibetan problem?

It is also a bit double standard. Would Miss Stone also say that the storm Katrina was a result of american bad karma, maybe because of the chaos they helped create in Irak? Allah the terrible punishing the centuries long sinner?

I am afraid earth is just driven by blind cause and effects, ignorance.

Though this is all maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post

I am afraid earth is just driven by blind cause and effects, ignorance.
                There's a lot of ignorance in the world. Seems to be getting worse and worse for some reason...
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

It is also a bit double standard. Would Miss Stone also say that the storm Katrina was a result of american bad karma, maybe because of the chaos they helped create in Irak? Allah the terrible punishing the centuries long sinner?

Though this is all maybe...

I think she just might.

It's called dissent. You seem to have a rather feeble grasp of what this concept truly means.

"To think for yourself you must learn to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness"
                  (Leary quote).

Comment

"Au total, le séisme a provoqué la destruction de près de 7.000 écoles et la mort de plus de 11.000 élèves et enseignants, sur un bilan de plus de 88.000 morts et disparus"

It is said 11.000 children and teachers are dead.

No comment.

Comment

Sharon stone has no idea what karma is.

Your work, your actions, are self contained punishments and rewards. You do something dastardly, you feel bad about it. Thats karma.

Natural disasters are not a karmic event. Hundreds of chinese school children didnt die because they were disrespecting human rights.

Karma is work. Not fate, but literally work or action. Alot of white people arent very good at sanskrit interpretation.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I met Sharon Stone. Many years ago.

Back then, she had no idea.

But that's my opinion.

Now, if you want to see a movie star with real sensibilities, I just uploaded a "President Kirk" video in the Comedy section of RussboTV....

We love Captain Kirk.

russbo.com

Comment

I have been in Tibet for two weeks now. As you might know the Gelugpa school studies logic so i tried also to find some logic:

Hindu people do not kill the cow
                          Chinese people kill the cow

Tibetans kill the cow
                          So Tibetans are chinese

Peace and love

Comment

Well, that settles it for me.

Oh, wow. We kill cows. Are we Tibetans?

Not a bad idea. They have some pretty cute women over there.

russbo.com

Comment

I m back in Shangri La for a week hollyday to see my Himalayan landlord Gan Yan and some tibetan friends. The place is said to be linked with Shambala, a mythical buddhist warrior kingdom, which is connected with the Kalachakra tantra. In the middle of the Mandala there is Kalachakra in sexual union with is mudra Vishvamata. This symbolizes the union of wisdom/emptiness/female with methods/compassion/male. Kalachakra and Vishvamata have many arms, making look like a psychedelic orgy. In fact emptiness leading to the negation of self and possession also leads to the end of jealousy, a tantric sin, and open the doors of free love. The first time i came here, for my honey moon in 2003 when there was sars and many chinese were wearing masks on the mouth like jains ascetics, i met by the greatest coincidence my ex japanese girl friend i had known in India, Bodhgaya, met again by chanche in the Himalaya at Rishikes where we firts made love. So for my first day in Tibet i was gifted with 2 girlfriends! So when a tibetan asked me yesterday where is Shambala i told him it is where 2 men and a 1 woman make love. Being a practice of freedom, love without jealousy helps us settle in a politic of freedom.

Another aspect of Kalachakra and Shambala is the announced war between buddhists and non buddhists. Of course as it is a Tantra it must be understood as a symbolical and inner war against all the negativities of our mind. But some say it can also be took literrally. One of the ennemies the kalachakra tantra quotes is muslim and christians. These days i understand it in relation with vegetarianism which is much more emphasized in buddhims/hinduism/jainism than his christianism/islam. Vegetarianism can be seen under two aspects: non violence and freedom. As a practice of freedom it is about letting animals live their live without submitting them to our desire, greed and ego. As a practice of non violence it is about killing the less sentient beings as possible. So these days i ask all my tibetan friends if they are muslims or buddhists, if they are into submitting animals or letting them free, into killing and non killing.

I also wonder if Doc's interest in islam does not come from a past life initiation into kalachakra. But i think he is more muslim than buddhist: no wonder his shaolin toilet exploded.

We talk a lot about buddhism and non violence here. It is funny to see the tibetans talk so much in favour of vegetarianism but not practicing it. Their relation with animals is pretty deep. Some would avoid to kill little animals such as chicken or fish because they dont feed enough people. Some would make donation to temples for the enlightnement of animals. Some would buy some animals from the butcher and let them free around a temple. Some when dead will give their flesh to vultures or fishes. Tibetan really have an interesting buddhist culture and reflexion on the first buddhist precept of non killing. A few years ago the Karmapa asked all the kagyu followers to become vegetarians.

May all sentient beings be free from suffering!

Comment

I also wonder if Doc's interest in islam does not come from a past life initiation into kalachakra. But i think he is more muslim than buddhist: no wonder his shaolin toilet exploded.
                                Doc lives with Muslims in Thailand. In fact, all of his staff at Russboasia are Muslim. He finds them to be very close and reliable friends. Which is why radical Muslim activities interest him.

Being from New York has an influence also.

Didn't you mean "two women and one man"? Two men and one woman doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X