Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mao had some right views (Maoism)

I vote that, in the spirit of equality, Liu donate his computer to a Tibetan family.

I already give computer to chinese's proletariate family.
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

what are you typing with? besides the Chinese are the opressors here you are just contributing to the suffering of the Tibetan family.

This is the problem Liu. It's easy to say "but there are kids without medicine who are dying!" without offering any alternative. But the alternatives you're talking about, Maoism, Marxism, etc., simply can't be separated from the reality that they've created. And by "reality" I mean genocide, mass starvation, and forced labor, just to begin with.

On the other side you have capitalism and the global economy, which definitely includes inequalities, but has actually resulted in improving the quality of life for billions of people, including (obviously) you.

In other words, your argument may have been interesting in the 1890's but at this point has been made obsolete by actual events. We all want everyone to be well-fed and safe but your ideas for making this happen are just wrong, and history proves it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsan View Post
    This is the problem Liu. It's easy to say "but there are kids without medicine who are dying!" without offering any alternative. But the alternatives you're talking about, Maoism, Marxism, etc., simply can't be separated from the reality that they've created. And by "reality" I mean genocide, mass starvation, and forced labor, just to begin with.

On the other side you have capitalism and the global economy, which definitely includes inequalities, but has actually resulted in improving the quality of life for billions of people, including (obviously) you.

In other words, your argument may have been interesting in the 1890's but at this point has been made obsolete by actual events. We all want everyone to be well-fed and safe but your ideas for making this happen are just wrong, and history proves it.
    Damn! Awesome argument!
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Zachsan tends to do that lol.

Aww you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Wait that's the Beam from last night...

the irony is that mao's own successors deemed his views to be destructive and eventually mostly useless. and they're the ones that opened china to the global market which obviously was the catalyst for the market economy that's(overwhelmingly) preferenced today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zachsan View Post
    Aww you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Wait that's the Beam from last night...
    Ha! I knew it! Alcohol has the opposite side effect on Zachsan than it does for the rest of us...it actually makes him smarter! lol
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

i think the more important point then equality is determining how much speciality skills are actually worth. because alot of people who become doctors and lawyers etc do so for the money or the power.

people are gonna be people but why should doctors and lawyers and whatever whoever u wanna say scientists whatever, why should they get outrageous sums of money for working say 100+ hours a week when the average joe has to work 100+ hours a week just to barely survive, whereas the better trained people live in mansions and do whatever they want.

not everyone has just themselves as a responsibility. alot of people have familys and other things that make it harder the most to better themselves.

alot of people dont even care about having a shitload of money, alot of people dont want to live in mansions and travel the world and buy fancy shit. alot of people just dont want to have to worry all the time, and eat shit all the time, and get treated like shit because they can be replaced easily

i dont personally dont give a **** how hard any "educated" people worked for their degrees, i dont think they deserve to make what they do, they deserve more for sure but the amounts they make are just ridiculous.

but none of this is going to change so who cares
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast