Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The PBS "Shaolin Ullysses" Special...

ok honestly I don't see why anyone would think doc was an asshole having seen that. I mean just cause someone is rich, eats at hooters, and has a nice car and house doesn't make them an asshole. I didn't even know about this website when I watched that special last october so I am not biased either. that was the first time I saw doc and I was focusing on what he was saying and not the upper regions of the hooters girls. I think that was what people missed

mm, hooters girls.... wait what was that kirk?

I rented "Shaolin Ulysses" recently. (Netflix is a beautiful thing)

I rented it cause I wanted to a little more about the Houston monks. Imagine my surprise when I saw the famous (infamous?) "Doc" on the screen as well. It took me a second to realize who the bald guy taking a monk into a Hooters was. Since I had found this forum long before I saw the documentary, it was kind of jarring.

I'm not sure if anyone was really flattered in the film. It was interesting and entertaining in some spots, but some of the Houston students came across as barbaric, Doc came across as a jackass, and I don't think Li Peng was cast in too favourable of a light either.

All I can say is, "Oh my god I want your house!"

As a sidenote, since then, I've met Shi de Shan briefly when I went to watch two of his classes, he was very nice. He seemed to like to crack jokes. It also made me realize I need to brush up on my Cantonese. Ok, ok, learn it past "Ney Ho Ma? Ho, Ho, Dho jhe."

Quote Originally Posted by feylahn

All I can say is, "Oh my god I want your house!"
    Hey, if you come mop the floor, I'll let you visit.

You got yourself a deal.

Does mopping come with the Doc Supreme?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Quote Originally Posted by LeiYunFat
    You got yourself a deal.

Does mopping come with the Doc Supreme?

Maybe a Domino's Supreme with extra cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Maybe a Domino's Supreme with extra cheese.

Alright then. But there better be bell peppers.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

So let me get this straight. If I'm willing to mop the floors of that huge house covered in tile flooring and surrounded by desert, I can come visit? And that now a Dominoe's pizza with extra cheese is involved?!

That sounds totally awesome! Let me think about it first though.

Oh wait. I just realized, I have to wash my hair and rotate the couch that day.

Besides, I'm better at tracking dirt, mud, dust, and small insects in, rather than cleaning it up.

However, LeiYunFat seems willing to do it. And if you'll let him can twirl the mop in a staff like fashion, I'm sure the cleaning would be even more fun.

Hey doc, why don't you make your own documentary.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

My life is too boring.

Nothing exciting. Really.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12