Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtraining

Hey Doc,

Wondering if you would care to shed some light on the concept of overtraining, that is, training to the point of fatigue and lethargy. Will prolonged exposure be detrimental to both my health (long term) and my ability to function on a day-to-day basis, or can this particular state be maintained with side-effects of only decreased energy and tiredness?

Recently I've stepped up my training and found I'm constantly fatigued; lack of energy and muscles never quite at ease from stretching. Though a week's rest made all the difference and I was feeling better soon after. That said, as you know I plan to spend some time in China, so can this intense training (6 days a week) be continuued for extended periods without detriment to my well being?

This does seem like common sense to me, I realise that muscle needs time to repair the tissue before it can become stronger, much like the body needs rest to regenerate itself. However, is one day a week sufficient time for rest? There seem to be kids all over China who have adapted to this strenuous routine but I need at least a couple of days before I'm back to feeling fresh and rejuvinated (Yeah I know I sound like a shampoo commercial).

Alternatively, could changes to my diet precipate recovery after a heavy training session? I have heard that supplementing protein is beneficial for extensive training, any truth in this?

Thanks

The modern system of sports is constructed by a degenerate principle: escalating of loadings. This principle leads to physical inability in some years. For example, the most part of professional sportsmen after 30 years of age - invalids, or have health deviations.
    I advise to You to stop practice Overtraining and to pass to practice of strict doses. For example, all exercises should be constructed on a dosage like a drug intake.
    If you do knee-bend exercise every day on 20 times within several years - there will be a progress. If you will do knee-bends every day the maximum doses - in couple of years you can not go. Illusion of the big doses in illusion of escalating of possibilities.
    A food at the big loadings should be high-grade: meat, milk, fish and vegetables. Restrictions in a food lead to diseases.

Comment

Do you have any evidence to prove that? Scientific studies? Research?

Sounds like opinion to me....
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

josh, respectfully, there's really no reason to depend on others to give you this information when it's staring you right in the face. if you feel overly fatigued, then you're trainng too much. it's that simple.

in time, however -- as you get stronger and healthier -- you'll have more and more energy supplies available to you. then, gradually, you'll be able to extend your practice times and the amount of time you practice within any given week.

get into the habit of listening to your own body. it will tell you what YOU need. others may need, or are prepared to do, something different.

but regardless, it's not a race, or a competition. training too much stunts one's growth, progress, and can cause injuries which lead to setbacks. this, of course, contradicts the goal of improving oneself, his or her skills, and so on.

we would never chop at a plants roots, leaves, and stems everyday and then expect it to grow up healthy and strong. i think the same kind of principle applies here.

take care of yourself.

best,
        one...
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Logic. Little by little.

Build up, little by little. Progressively. Life is not a movie. There is no superman. You're injuring yourself too much then you can't train proper on the next day. Then it's useless. My advice is always make sure you will still have the energy to train on the next day.

There is no limit as to how hard you can physically get to train, at any age, if you train diligently, progressively and seriously for an exented period of time. Follow this logic, be a little patient, push the bar up and up every time a tiny bit, and soon you will be able to take the 6/7 hours hardcore training in China or wherever.

Of course that is if you train with the proper form, including diligent warming up and down every time. Otherwise you will **** your joints. Of course you probably know all of this already, so just apply it and you will be fine. My 2 cents opinion
          The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

My advice is always make sure you will still have the energy to train on the next day.
            this is excellent advice.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui View Post
              Do you have any evidence to prove that? Scientific studies? Research?

Sounds like opinion to me....
              Hi Mr. Fa Hui!
              I will try to explain my opinion. I am engaged in research of fighting methods, methods of rehabilitation (therapy) and teaching techniques. My opinion is based on my searches lasting 21 year and teaching almost 20 years.
              I can courageously and is open confirm the following:
              1. The most part of methods of teaching martial arts - falsification!
              2. Modern sports are directed on degenerate processes in a human body, on destruction.
              Now I will explain it.
              If the person young, to him about 20-25 years cyclic exercises are useful to it, their quantity be finished to a maximum of repetitions. For example, it is important to learn to do the person a maximum quantity of exercise. But in it the measure and care is necessary. I personally arrive so. The pupil does regularly identical quantity of exercises. For example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 20 knee-bends, 20 press, other 20 exercises and other (number 20 - is conditional, I select this number individually). Sometimes I do to the person a shock-training when these values will be maximum. A guarantee of safety for the pupil - its regular training! For example, when I was 17 years old, I did exercises press 12 times. Has passed 21 year - I do 12 times exercise press. There will pass 20 years, I will do press 12 times. If it is required to me большее quantity - I will make it. But a basis of my force - stability of employment.
              Methods of long training with the maximum repetition I name «training on-kommunisticheski». Danger of it in the following: during the certain moment it seems to the person, he can more and more, even more, it is even more. In the person there is a super-optimism. It is a dangerous symptom. It means: the organism starts to die. After a while, for example, in 1 month, this person will have health failures.
              I know many champions by different kinds of struggle. I see: the person was engaged many years, but has made a break 1 month - half a year - year ….and that? Its ability disappears, the person loses ability to do that he is able! It is the checked up fact.
              I have found ways of training which yield stable result without organism degradation. But my work is not finished, it is difficult to me to work in my country.

Now I help the woman. To it of 25 years, it the professional sportswoman, dumb-bells sports. It the champion. And what result? To it of 25 years, but at it infringement of function of a thyroid gland and the infringements of female bodies connected with it. It is result of sports which will cripple. Fortunately, this woman - the capable schoolgirl and its health is now much better.

Still an example. The technique of preparation of special divisions is based on «to training on-kommunisticheski». What result? As a result, at military men good fighting qualities during some time. And in some years - health failures. I know many people who after service requires rehabilitation. It seems, new I have not opened anything. The further destiny of the person is not interesting to the state.

Here still an example from my private life. I trained much and trained people much. In days of the USSR I trained for 6-8 hours continuously, it is a lot of people and different groups of people. What my result? To me now 38 years, but at me bad health. At me circulation infringement, headaches, a pancreatitis and other. These are errors of my youth. Many people consider me as the strong and dangerous fighter, but it does not please me: I have no health. To train on-kommunisticheski - it is unhealthy!

One more aspect of trainings. The big role is played «by an initial position in exercise». If the person does exercise from a position of the bent hand or a foot is an exercise creates advancement illusion. As a result - body and skill degradation. It is necessary to do all exercises from a position of the straightened hand or a foot.
              One reason varicose veins at sportsmen in a wrong initial position, they do not pay attention to an initial position. They do, for example, knee-bend, from an initial position "sitting".

I am sorry, I, possibly, badly write. But I very much try to write clearly.

Comment

I love my training and exercise.On the other hand i m quite with the "The modern system of sports is constructed by a degenerate principle: escalating of loadings. This principle leads to physical inability in some years. For example, the most part of professional sportsmen after 30 years of age - invalids, or have health deviations.
                I advise to You to stop practice Overtraining and to pass to practice of strict doses. For example, all exercises should be constructed on a dosage like a drug intake."

Comment

Working...
                X