shi dechengs 9 section vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shi dechengs 9 section vid

i saw the vid with shi decheng doing the 9 section whip performance and it looked pretty wushu ish with cartwheel and stuff i thought he was a more traditional kung fu monk having read articles on the site i hope he still practices his 80 or so forms i may want to learn it all ! lol

just because he did a cartwheel or a butterfly kick or soared through the air somehow doesnt make the form wushu or non traditional

acrobatics and such were always a part of traditional gung fu. thats not what seperates wushu from traditional lolo.

if u think that then u obviously dont know much about either.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

maestro, just curious: what do you think is good gongfu? care to share some links?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

good gung fu. thats a funny thing to say. to tell u the truth i wish i had a camera id just make a video right now.

ill look for some vids on youtube but to me good gung fu is not an easy thing to demonstrate. good gung fu means more then speed and power and even structure etc you need to be a good fighter. i dont care how many medals u have in forms or how many people like your performance, if u cant fight using gung fu..what do u think u have?

i can tell if someone has good power, structure, speed, energy manipulation etc u know u can really tell alot from a pic or a movie, but..not everything. and its the most important aspects of gung fu that are unseen, the internal, the experience of the person.

u can watch people do all kinds of things, i could show you a guy doing three star or myself but you wouldnt know from the vid that if i bridge with you its gonna send a shock through your whole body, or possibly break your arm. and thats just from me touching, or someone else etc

this kinda what i mean u know? either way ill look

Comment

well, ultimately everyone has to judge for themselves. we can't just meet up down the block or anything. but yes, i understand your point -- it's all relative.

anyhow, i'm just curious about what you think is good out there. anything. links to a few web sites, vids., etc. are all welcome.

btw, what is three star?
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1hMzg0lJA"]YouTube - Master Lee TongBeiQuan demonstration. BT-Exclusive 2#.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OACRuVjqlMU"]YouTube - lau brothers demo 劉家良 劉家輝[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCOlCSKh31A"]YouTube - Choy Lay Fut Buck Sing Gwoon Pt. 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmDGGfYsMw8"]YouTube - Sifu Onassis Parungao[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVWJ4PmURw"]YouTube - wang xian push hands[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHl02huCxgc"]YouTube - State of martial arts.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNC25k4yj38"]YouTube - BAGUAZHANG DEMONSTRATION[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G9DEEwIKdg"]YouTube - MARTIAL TALK: GRAND MASTER FRANK YEE (HUNG GAR)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxxebP0u31g"]YouTube - Chen Xiaowang -fajin[/ame]

Comment

saved the best for last.

Comment

chen is great i agree, but the tong bei performance although i think its not working here is really something. but i havent seen alot of tong bei or the way he uses the rod ive seen lama pai people do that but whatever its still sick

Comment

three stars

Comment

lol maestro cartwheel and other gymnastic stuff is exactly what separates traditional and wushu.

Comment

I look at forms as not necessarily how you would but a method of martial art-specific conditioning. Many forms are challenging for the cardiovascular system that can be highly anaerobic (as opposed to aerobic, like long-slow-distance running) which is like how most fights tend to affect the energy systems of the body.

I think cartwheels and gymnastics are irrelevant in a gongfu form because forms are not gongfu.
                      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

When he taught me Jiu Jie Bien many years ago, I learned it without the cartwheels and the horizontal airborne moves, mainly because there was no way in hell I was even going to try those things. The form works fine without them.

But it's a good question and I don't know the answer. Not sure if what I learned was a more traditional form of it, and it has since been embellished with the acrobatic stuff, or if the acrobatic stuff was part of this form which was recently created. You have to remember something: even though Decheng does teach a lot of traditional stuff, he was on the performance team in the late eighties and early nineties, and this form was his specialty competition wise. (He was nine time national champion in this form / weapon). It is not difficult to see that they may have taken a tradiional Jiu Jie Bien and added to it, to make it look better for competition.

The form is full of basic maneuvers for the chain whip however, which, more than likely, are traditional moves. There are combat applications in a lot of them.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

go learn real gung fu

if you knew your history of shaolin in particular, the northern temple was always known for aerials and acrobatics and kicks etc. of course the temple was home to many styles etc but its always been known for such training.

im not really gonna argue what seperates the two, i could careless about you anyway

Now, IMO if u look at forms as "a method of martial art-specific conditioning." then youve barely scratched the surface. its true they can be used for conditioning but only at the basic level. Basically if you cant execute a form with full speed and power while keep the heart rate regular and without breaking a sweat, your not exactly experienced or advanced at all.

you say forms training is an anaerobic exercise but this is completely false. if you disagree you can go post this shit on a real gung fu forum not russbo where most people would rather write an essay about george bush then throw a punch to save their own life.

if u want to know why i say forms training isnt anaerobic exercise its because forms training requires breath control. Infact..the intimate relationship between forms and qi gong requires the practitioner to be in CONTROL at all times. shaolin and other styles arent like taiji where each movement is coordinated with the breath but because of the nature of our chinese martial arts the breath control is paramount. and breath control doesnt just mean breathing deep and controlling heart rate..lolo

is it true you can practice a form over and over and over again at full speed and power and use it as a conditioning method..yea of course, but thats not what they were created for, and thats not what they are good for.

maybe thats how you were taught...umm i dunno, but gung fu is famous for its conditioning methods, espcially shaolin.

if you want to talk about simulating fight conditions, or anaerobic training in gung fu the methods used are commonly known and again..are not forms training lolo.

Comment

Now, IMO if u look at forms as "a method of martial art-specific conditioning." then youve barely scratched the surface. its true they can be used for conditioning but only at the basic level. Basically if you cant execute a form with full speed and power while keep the heart rate regular and without breaking a sweat, your not exactly experienced or advanced at all.

you say forms training is an anaerobic exercise but this is completely false. if you disagree you can go post this shit on a real gung fu forum not russbo where most people would rather write an essay about george bush then throw a punch to save their own life.
                            That's a physiological impossibility. I don't care what your opinion is, but any movement whether slow (like Taiji) or fast (like Shaolin) is going to raise your heart rate. Now your conditioning can be good enough where it takes a lot for you to get your heart rate up there, but any movement which you do not normally will change your heart rate.

Also when you are training over an extended period of time, you will sweat because your core body temp is rising from the friction of movement and your body is attempting to keep it cool.

You are living in a kungfu-dream world Maestro.
                            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

lol first off all, im sorry i said "regular" but i didnt think anyone would be stupid enough to assume what you did, of course your heart rate will go up, but only slightly.

fa hui i could beat you down without breaking a sweat, as for pracs doing a form without breaking a sweat thats nothing. unless your talking about doing them over and over again like you suggested is good conditioning lolo.

if you wanna argue over a forum about dumbshit thats fine lolo, i guess some people would rathe tip toe around the bullshit

if u want to know whats good about gung fu and stop all this bullshit you talk about here on russbo you can come and see me, just like anyone else. thats not an insult like what i said above, im always looking for people to fight, so if you want to know what real gung fu feels like, u can come see me and u will understand my actions better then my words i promise lolo.

Comment

Working...
                              X