Gong fu and killing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gong fu and killing

1 recently asked Maestro what he thought is good gong fu.

I d like to ask u if u think u can do a good gong fu while stepping on an insect doing a form.

In my vie gong fu is about killing to the minimum. So i always watch where i put my feet while doing a form outdoor or while walking in the nature.

So killing an insect is good, bad, neutral?

Please share ur views.

considering all the stomping and fast paced and intricate footwork gung fu is FAMOUS for...uhhh, my answer would be NO, im not careful of bugs

not to mention..my first teacher used to tell me about footwork to imagine you "stomp the roach"..then hed say oh to slow he got away lolo.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

master yanming had an interesting thing to say about that. arhat can tell the story well.

Comment

Well Arhat is rarely here so could u please tell us the story LFJ.

To elaborate more on the question, if we would kill an orphan baby practicing gong fu, i guess most peope would say it is bad. So is it the same for an insect on the ground? On what basis can we discriminate?

Om mani pedme hung

Comment

You go to jail for killing an orphan baby.

Nobody gives a rat's ass if you kill an insect.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

in taiwan, you'd be hard pressed to get yourself through a whole day if it was necessary to avoid harming ants. they're everywhere. you would't be able to function, work, sleep, etc.

the idea is to not intentionally kill things. so, in accordance to the context, my answer is: nuetral.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

what's this have to do with killing ants?

anyhow, it says what it is on the video. maybe you can learn chinese and then read it for yourself.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

OK 1, u say kill an insect is neutral.

But in the vinaya (discipline) of Theravada monks to intentionally kill an insect is a fault that must be confessed.

So is the fault different for a monk? Is Theravada wrong?

Another question is to know what is intentional. I think if u can avoid killing but you kill then it is intentional. When i practice a form in the nature i can watch where i put my feet and if i kill or not.

To say otherwise would mean that if u drive a car, dont look in front of you and kill somebody, it is not intentional.

I wonder what is the discipline about intentionally killing insects for chinese heshang. Of course wuseng do not seem to have any discipline, maybe that is why they dont get enlightened. Sun Wu Kong had to become a disciplined and vegetarian monk to get his gong fu to enlightnement.

Peace and love

Comment

It's a version of Tong Bei. It has the basic structure, with some added moves.

And as for insects, I say, kill them all.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

lolo onesp1ng. come on man, dont be so sour.

ty doc, i posted it here because i was curious and i knew id get a reply

i found that video last night when i was looking at de cheng do wu xing ba fa, was just curious
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

What s the difference between the will of life/wheel of life of an insect and a baby?

Comment

liutangsanzang agrees: On what basis do u discriminate between the will of live of an insect and of a human baby?
                        I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not a parent.

Doc, if all the insects in the world were to die suddenly, the rest of life as we know it would be gone pretty quickly too. But I say, mosquitoes. Let's at least kill all the mosquitoes.

Comment

Yes, but who says the rest of life deserves to live?

I guess I've been reading Liu's diatribes far too much...

russbo.com

Comment

maestro,

it is shaolin datongbiquan. there is both xiaotongbi and datongbi.

liutangsanzang,

what yanming said, as i hear it from arhat, was that every step we take, practice gongfu, is a matter of life and death.

there are millions of tiny buddhas crushed beneath our feet at every run of a form. in recognition of this sacrifice we bow and recite "amituofo" at the start and finish of every form.

we acknowledge their suffering and sacrifice and wish them a more fortunate rebirth. we hope they can come train with us at the temple next time, and when we see them we will welcome them with a bow and say "amituofo".

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                              Yes, but who says the rest of life deserves to live?
                              Doc, I think you may be overdue for a visit to church.

Comment

Working...
                              X