No announcement yet.

Tong Bei Chuan revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traditionally, after a general introduction comes learning it.

lots of nice/vicious applications in there. i can provide the lyrics for the datongbiquan set, if you're interested.

Comment

yes plz! =P

Comment

just realized i only have them typed up in chinese. i'll have to add the pinyin and translation, then i'll post it up.

Comment

There's a translator on the site:

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

apologies for the delay.

attached is the document containing shaolin datongbiquan lyrics in characters, hanyu pinyin, and english literal translation.

for some reason my pinyin input system makes a small space around the letters with the third (falling-rising) tone. looks weird. hopefully it is readable to you.

as for the translation, many names of movements are actually chinese idioms. i've only added my best literal translation, but they do have background stories or meanings.

hope this is good enough for naming though.

if interested i can do the same for other sets, e.g. xiaohongquan, dahongquan, xiaoluohanquan, zhaoyangquan, yinshougun, etc.. whichever requested. i may start up a new thread for that.

i have them typed up in characters only though. so i may take some time adding the pinyin and translating it before posting.

also keep in mind that each master may do a different version of the sets, and therefore the lyrics would likely differ as well. my lyrics correspond to the sets as learned from master deyang. (which also differ from his video versions)
            Attached Files

Comment

Dude, thatis awesome thank you for posting that. If it is not too much trouble could I burden you with posting the lyrics for Xiaohongquan and yinshougun?

Comment

no problem, just give me the time to add in the pinyin and english. i'll post them up.

Comment

attached is the lyrics for shaolin xiaohongquan. hope it is useful.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You're more than welcome to put these on the site as the author; the main site is getting a serious amount of visitation for some strange reason. Much more than the forum.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

Awesome! Thank you a ton; this is very helpful .

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                        You're more than welcome to put these on the site as the author; the main site is getting a serious amount of visitation for some strange reason. Much more than the forum.
                        how do i go about doing that? it would be good to have them all in one place.

i have a bunch of notes containing the lyrics for most shaolin sets i've learned. some i've already typed up, just need to add the pinyin and english.

Comment

Yay!

I am awaiting the yinshougun lyrics with all the feeble patience i can muster heh

Comment

well, i realized i dont have that one typed up at all. so i have to get my notes out and start from scratch. it has some interesting names in it.

Comment

lyrics for yinshougun attached.

everyone can check http://russbo.com/Table/Shaolin/Shaolin-Gong-Fu/ for further articles containing lyrics of traditional shaolin sets. i've submitted xiaohongquan, datongbiquan, and yinshougun so far. after review they should be added to the page.

Comment

Working...
                              X