Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kungfu school teaching only chin Hna

Hello again!

What do you think of a kung fu school teaching only chin na?

I'm living in a corner of France where I have to drive quite long to go to kung fu school and now I'vre found a closer one, but the sifu there said they would only be teaching chin na.
    I personally find this very strange... Are there others who teach it like this, or who think like I do?

Humbly,

Michael

maybe if it was a self defense course but if hes charging a monthly rate or something then hes scamming you.

anyway, chin na is only a part of any martial art, if u want to just learn chin na then go for it but i wouldnt want to learn from someone like that.

really imo, its the yau ging, sensitivity training and grip strength that makes chin na effective. u also need your basics but applying chin na on a grown man whos trying to hurt you in this day and age you need to be good enough to restrain someone whos going to be considerable stronger then you.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Chin Na is great stuff. Don't downplay it. I trained a little with Shi Su Gong, Shaolin's probably last real chin na master. Wish I had spent more time with him. It is truly remarkable stuff, especially the advanced stuff (which I witnessed but didn't learn).

Read Shi Su Gong on the russbo site, under Shaolin Monks, and search my journals from years ago. i mentioned it somewhere.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

theres nothing magical about chin na, it is what it is. like i said, yau ging, grip strength, and sensitivity via bridging. those are the keys.

my style is famous for china na, so is tai chi and alot of other styles. its a part of alot of martial arts. its not a big deal, and imho it should never be "all" that is taught.

if chin na is all someone teaches then they are SCAMMING YOU. even if they are good at it, there is so much more you need for it to not only be effective against larger opponents or even strong agressive ones your size.

but whatever, if u want to learn from the guy go ahead
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Thanks for answering!

Well, it's not that I want or don't want to do Chin Na. We do it at my Shaolin Kungfu school,too. [ - But since that school is very far from me I am looking for a closer one and found that one. - ]

I just found it weird that this guy sais they'd do _only_ Chin Na, and do kicks, punches, forms etc.

I like Chin Na, but I prefer exercising on kicks, punches and forms...

I guess you agree that this is a weird attitude for aSHaloin Kungfu school... Even though he claims to have received his education in Shaolin AND Wudang...

All the best to you all!

Comment

searcher, who is this guy? does he have a website or anything by chance?
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Sorry, no website whatsoever. His school is in France. He does Taiji mostly (I guess it's Yang family TJ).

Comment

Sorry, no website whatsoever. His school is in France. He does Taiji mostly (I guess it's Yang family TJ). I had to call him on the telephone to get information...

Comment

ok, just curious. for me i guess it would depend on the guy. does he have a lot to teach?
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I don't know for I never met him. I will visit a class he gives next week...

He's more into Taichi, probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X