No announcement yet.

the spectrum of belief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms, that's the thing man. everyone believes in their own way. that's the nature of belief. atheists are where they're at, as r u, and i... (take away the belief and what r you left with?) we're talking within the context of this poll.

dog, i actually think that's a valid argument within the parameters of this poll. if a god can answer your prayers, if he she it is love, etc...then why can't he heal amputees? it's a slippery slope...

liu, it'd be nice for people to talk about their respective positions and/ or belief concerning god, as a way to compare and contrast, but this poll was not made with buddhism in mind.

clearly this poll does not cover the whole spectrum of belief. it does not represent my views on the subject either- the way god is defined, etc.. that's why i voted as i did..
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

the answer to that question lies in questioning the assumption that amputees need to be healed.

all a matter of how your axes are aligned, to be honest. I would bet that the person who authored the site is not an amputee. Unless it was recent, lol...

Comment

Well to be honest onesping, i go back and forth between not believing, or caring, but just ready to accept whatever... To believing in something.

Its all really just an illusion.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Couldn't you just ask Satan? He's on doc's team.

Comment

ask satan what? the god in the bible, if i remember correctly, was said to have created satan. satan's responses, therefore, will probably be filled with a great deal of bias.

why not just ask god himself? ...lol...
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

G, meet Satan.

He's on doc's team. Hey, so are you!
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Since God is usually described as omnisient, omnipresent and omnipotent; god is probably exactly like you think god is. ,d as - commented to Her Imperial Majesty once I am weary of arguing and fighting over; if God should be referred to as Abba or Alllah.

Comment

PENIS

HA! GOTCHA!

Comment

Marcus Aurelius had one of the best answers ever to this dilemma.

He said that it really doesnt matter whether the God's of roman pantheon are real or whether all of life is the random movement of atoms.

He explains that if the god's are real I will do my best to be a good man, to protect and serve my family and my nation. To be kind to those around me, and respect and honor those who came before me. To act logically and reasonably and never to let my emotions rule my judgement.

If there are no god's, if all is the random movement of atoms and death is true oblivion, than I will do my best to be a good man, to protect and serve my family and my nation. To be kind to those around me, and respect and honor those who came before me. To act logically and reasonably and never to let my emotions rule my judgement.

Therefore, God's or no God's, it matters not. If I will strive to act the same either way than why should I waste my thought debating it? I will never know for sure which is true and if the revelation of the truth would not in any way sway my actions then that truth means nothing to me. I will strive to act as I know I should, whether my death leaves me in Elysia or in Darkness.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X