You want real fighting monks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want real fighting monks?

Give them a few hundred years and there will be a whole new 'warrior monks' mythology..

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

They'll be fighting the Iranians soon enough. Good time to practice.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I m not sure which side i will be if there is a fight with iran. A war to prevent a war is veri strange idea i dont like much. USA should better stop Israel s crimes and opression to bring peace in the middle east.

It is again double standards: Israel can kill, colonize, opress, not respect UN resolutions and the US wont make war at them.

I dont understand the logic there.

Comment

Don't worry Liu.

Obama will change what happens to Israel.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

To change Israel policy is probably the will of a majority of humans. Time to get a little world democracy, but i dont put hopes in Obama. We will see.

By the way i ve read that USA gives 30 billion dollars a year to Israel for defence. I understand Israel is a threatened country but i dont know what to think about that. That seems a lot of money for weapons. Why not build something in Afghanistan instead?

Comment

I don't put hopes in Obama either.
            We help Israel because there are a lot of Jews that vote in this country. And, it's nice to have some sort of influence in the Middle East.
            And building things in Afghanistan is like building condo complexes in Somalia. The country and people have a long way to go...

russbo.com

Comment

We help Israel because there are a lot of Jews that vote in this country.
              there's only about 6 million jews in the states (3% of the population). there are a lot more from other countries living in the us who don't get nearly the same amount of help abroad as does isreal.

[ame="http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1Lvh3ctuE"]YouTube - America Supports Israel and Why?[/ame]
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I think i understand the fear of israelians. It is quite true there are threatened and terrorists attacks have no excuse.

Though i whish they had a more non violent way to solve the problem.

About aids for aghanistan or sudan, it is interesting how the chinese approach emphasizes the socio-economical problems linked to conflicts and how an effective aid could help, if it is possible with the corruption in such states.

Peace and love

Comment

[ame="http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=uWEinKrTfFs&NR=1"]YouTube - Barack Obama: The Great False Hope[/ame]
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Well, this guy's problem is not that Obama is a Zionist.

This guy's problem is believing anything that comes out of Obama's mouth.

There's far too much evidence over the past year that shows that Obama basically said to groups what those groups wanted to hear. Too many conflicting stories. Too much bullshit.

Obama has far more ties to the Muslims than he does to the Jews.

russbo.com

Comment

just thought it was interesting to hear what a muslim thinks of him.
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Interesting piece 2 analisis

I can understand his problem with sionism and the liberti taken to act in Pakistan.

I m more confused about his absolute negativiti towards USA. I guess things r mixed.

For instance i would not defend the regime of the talibans in Afghanistan. I think mani mistakes r made there, too much use of force, not enough dialogue, too mani civilians killed, too much corruption, not enough financial support 2 infrastructures but 2 bring democraci and little freedom there is not bad.

Same goes with Irak. I think mani mistakes r made, but if the countri can be a true democraci thats not bad.

Again 2 see in black or white is a feature of psichiatric paranoia.

Comment

The problem is Liu, with some people, dialogue doesn't work.

Communication is only effective if both parties are intelligent enough to understand each other. Bring into that the effect of cultural differences, and you get a veritable quagmire sometimes.

russbo.com

Comment

well, the condition of philosophical dialogue according to socrates might not be the persons r intelligent but that thei r aware of their ignorance

not sticking 2 points of views, not sticking 2 the ego

mi feeling about terrorism is that it is a paranoia that have some ground in realiti, ie terrorists rightli denounce some real problems but with wrong means and wrong theori

if u take the basque terrorism, fascism was real, anti spanish feeling is real, state assassinations r real, torture is real, censorship is real, absence of referendum is real

these guis r not just mad

so maibe the lack of openness to dialogue also comes from the spanish state

the same goes with al quaida, the muslim world has faced injustice from israel, russia, iugoslavia, etc...

is Israel truli open 2 dialogue?

according 2 ur diagnosis if Israel is not open 2 dialogue then 2 use force against him is legitimate?

Comment

Working...
                            X