Shi De Yang: What form is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi De Yang: What form is this?

lfj what form is de yang doing in this video, it says mizong could u give me info on this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nimVhr2M3UE&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div"]YouTube - Shaolin Kung Fu Shi DeYang[/ame]
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

I'm more interested in knowing what music that is.

And where can I get it for my Ipod?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

yes, one of my favorites. love the flying sidekick!

shaolin "lost track boxing" (chin.: shàolín mízōngquán 少林迷踪拳), so named because it has no structured track to it. there are many twists and turns, changing directions often.

that way if others watch you training, they cant study your pattern and get and understanding of your style. there are a lot of feints in the set, such as raising one hand to draw the opponent's eyes up and then blasting them in the gut, or turning away as if to not be aware of the opponent until they come in, then you catch them in a flash.

it also uses an interesting hand form, like a claw, similar to eagle/tiger/dragon. again there is no specific structure to it. i was taught to do whatever is comfortable and works. switch it up.

there are two sets, road one and two. there are also weapons. shaolin "yin hand stick" (chin.: shàolín yīnshǒugùn 少林阴手棍) is part of this mizong boxing style, which can be seen in its sporadic changing of sides and directions.

peace!

Comment

yeh this form is sick

but you say there are 2 forms, but you were taught to do whatever u want...i dont understand is what hes doing in that vid just the what he made up or what

cause ive seen other demos since watching this and they are all of de yang and he does the form pretty similar every time, i think this the only one i seen him do the reverse tornado kick or whatever thats called

Comment

i think you misunderstood. of course, the set has a specific sequence of movements. but it is unlike other forms that follow a straight line, attacking for several moves forward in one direction, and then coming back.

this style just appears very sporadic. so looking at it, there is no structure that can be distinguished and studied from the outside. but it is indeed a set with a specific sequence of movements taught step by step as with any other. he's not just free-styling. there are two sets, road one and road two. the first one has the flying sidekick and reverse tornado.

what i meant about doing whatever was in regards to the handform used. sometimes it can be like eagle/tiger/dragon claw or it can just be loosely open. lots of finger flicks and slaps in there. there are also a couple snake hands in one set. depends on the application. but when i was taught the set, i was shown several different positions for the hands, and told that it is not a strict handform. you just make like a claw. interestingly, the handform is not even taught or mentioned in the instructional videos. which kind of forces you to do whatever you think it looks like. lol

Comment

i found this just now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvGYaGAJRRA"]YouTube - San Lu Mizong Quan (Lost Track Fist Third Line)[/ame]

i can see more of what your talking about through this form, de yang just breezes through that first form i posted and its hard to capture the principle your talking about.

i remember reading about this style now, the lost track style. i remember reading about the footwork and imagining something different, although i was alot different and i sucked lolo

anyway i found this video to, is this the hand form your talking about? i see the snake is used a few times but this says it is road #1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpuw2jza43Y"]YouTube - Shaolin Mizongquan yilu[/ame]

Comment

is mizong a plai on word with mizhong, the secret vehicle of tibetan buddhism?

Comment

i like this verion that you posted, maestro - youtube - San Lu Mizong Quan

his tan tui is nice too.

[ame="http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=gq3SLaAwUBA"]YouTube - Mizong Quan Tan Tuei (Lost Track Springing Leg)[/ame]

plus it's a great location. big open places are fun to train at.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

1 i thought u were careful about beliefs...

how do u know big open places r fun? with the risks of killing insects? u r taking ur desires for realiti when the buddha said we should give up desires!

lol! or sigh???

non violence 4 all!

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                    anyway i found this video to, is this the hand form your talking about?
                    when i said "handform" i didnt mean "taolu". i meant the position of the hands, like an eagle claw, tiger, dragon, snake, etc..

as you can see in this set he uses a lot of claw-like handforms. sometimes its all fingers, sometimes three, sometimes a loosely open hand.

thats what i meant about not being strict. in the instructional videos, which that video came from, he doesnt even teach or mention how to do the claw-like hand. it just shows movement one, movement two, etc..

i see the snake is used a few times but this says it is road #1
                    since these are instructional videos for public consumption, the sets are altered. this one for example has the second half in a completely different order, although all the moves are there. the name of the sets are switched as well- road one and two.

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                      is mizong a plai on word with mizhong, the secret vehicle of tibetan buddhism?
                      no, both are pronounced "zong", but its a different character.

宗 means sect.

踪 means track. the left side is a radical for feet. the right side is the first character, used for pronunciation clues.

Comment

lfj do u notice how he sits down in his cat stance i saw him do it 2 or 3 times in the second vid i posted, why does he do that? the first time it looks like he was off balance but that wouldnt make sense for an instructional vid, whats the purpose of him doing that he does it a few times and i assume hes doing it for a reason

Comment

you're talking about master deyang's vid? i'm not sure i follow. its not supposed to be a very high stance, but he's not super low in it.

Comment

yeh the more i look at it the more it looks like just what he does, i dont know..

i dont mean deep or high the stance is just the way he sits into it, his stance is good im just wondering why he does that

Comment

wish i could discuss it, but i dont see whats strange about it. i guess i dont know what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X