Waterfall meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterfall meditation

So, it's been a while. I moved house, and the forums went down with the site upgrade.
    And I've been ill and such.
    Anyway.
    Straight back into it.
    In loads of films and anime, etc, there are people meditating under waterfalls.
    Now I know about various visualisation 'waterfall' meditations, but these people actually meditate underneath a real waterfall.

So... what's it all about?
    I've had a google, but can't seem to find anything substantial.
    Is there really a benefit? Is it some kind of body and mind training - since the pressure of the waterfall can't be an easy thing to endure, you train yourself to put up with it?

Anyone know?

Djon Ma
    Karma Dechen Djon Ma
    "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
    Shantideva

It probably just looks cool.

Comment

That's what I was wondering.. hehe!

Djon Ma
      Karma Dechen Djon Ma
      "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
      Shantideva

Comment

It is cool.

I've sat under many waterfalls. Didn't bother meditating (I'm not good at it). As Z says, it's cool.

Hope you're feeling better. Nice to see you back.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

the pressure of the falling water isnt the problem, its the extreme cold you have to overcome.
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad to be back :-)
            Just got a nice clean install of Windows too, so hopefully my PC will behave!

That's a lovely pic, LFJ :-)

Djon Ma
            Karma Dechen Djon Ma
            Shantideva

Comment

Working...
            X