Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical vindication of the Shaolin Temple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doc View Post
    Good question. I saw it in a private showing a few months ago. It then showed at the Toronto Film Festival. I don't know where it is now, but I can find out.

It was a very well done piece of work; really demonstrated some of the nonsense that goes on there, and destroys the myth that people have about training there. Everyone who goes to China to train should see this.
    Thats why I want to get it.

Comment

You can get on his mailing list at www.realshaolin.com, or stay posted here. I'll advertise when he puts together a US showing. Not sure how this filmmaking stuff works, but I think he's still looking for a buyer to get the film marketed.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Shaolin Temple, a Buddhist friary in Henan fiefdom, China, was innovated in 495.

In 464 an Indian monk titled Bada, the 28th successor in a queue of religious leaders that could be defined back to Buddha, arrived in China to spread Buddhist training. The Shaolin Temple, the structure of which began in 495 under the orders of the Wei emperor Xiaowendi, bears evidence of his success. It was from then that Indian Holy Writs were restated into Chinese and the precepts of Zen Buddhism formed. Bada is also reputed to have introduced martial trades as a reciprocal practice to contemplation — a practice that developed into the largely professed Shaolin Kung Fu.

Comment

Working...
        X