No announcement yet.

The De Evolution of traditinal Shaolin martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres the video of them on there they dont look like the real ones anyway judging from the uniform either way they still represent shaolin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_PGSoUcvQ"]YouTube - superstars of dance- shaolin monks[/ame]

Comment

i dont really wanna get in another whats a monk arguement, espcially since shaolin "monks" can do what no other monk can in the world..to my knowledge anyway, and that is have sex, drink alcohol, eat meat and live outside the temple lolo.

its all oppinionated, they come from shaolin, shave their heads and wear robes. their monks
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

i have to agree.

they seem to be monks to everyone other than those who have experience of and/or have previously researched into the subject. what ever they are, they aare far from the ideal, yet, these these guys are still protrayed as 'the real deal.'

doc used the word 'evolved,' and i think it seems appropriate here. there may be some guys that understand their role is that of an actors, but, who wouldn't wager a bet that more of them consider themselves 'monks?' plus, anyone of them could set up shop and make $$$.

and, i guess the point is, they do.

it's like tv evangelism, in my opinion...just now the miracles are being replaced by acrobatics and other feats.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Aside from whether or not they are monks, which they are not, I just don't think they had any place on that show. Wushu is not really just dancing. How is Wushu dancing? Wushu is the evolution of a fighting art into an artistic expression that still has martial applications. Dancing is the evolution of trying to get laid. It's "Look at me! I am better than this other guy. Now lets have sex" Of course sine they are "shaolin" thats probably what they are thinking.
          The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

lolo dancing is more then just trying to get laid, history points to this in the form of rain dancing, capoeira and belly dancing and ballet and whatever

dancing is an artform, wushu is an artform and no there is nothing combative about it, only in the minds of the poor souls who practice it.

i think that wushu could have a place on this show, but i dont think it should be shaolin monks

or oh sorry shaolin guys

or no wait wait, they cant even be called shaolin can they, because they dont uphold the shaolin way of life so lets just call them the guys that work for shaolin temple, shave their heads and wear robes and do shaolin kung fu

yea those guys

Comment

Thats a pretty accurate description
              The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                i dont really wanna get in another whats a monk arguement, espcially since shaolin "monks" can do what no other monk can in the world..to my knowledge anyway, and that is have sex, drink alcohol, eat meat and live outside the temple lolo.
                not that i want to join such an argument (again), but this statement is not quite accurate.

the term "shaolin monk" can refer to all levels of monastics in shaolin, but a basic understanding of shaolin monasticism, which includes five different levels, should be clear, i think, so as not to judge all levels of monastics in shaolin by the definition of only one.

those you are referring to are the warrior monks, who take only five lay precepts and observe ten while on temple grounds. so, they've never really taken precepts against any of that. (and many who claim warrior monk status have not taken any precepts whatsoever, so its even more difficult to judge)

so you cant compare them at all to buddhist monks around the world who are fully ordained. its like comparing any lay buddhist practitioner with a fully ordained monk, since the precept levels of warrior monks are secular.

however, there are fully ordained monks in shaolin who have taken precepts against sex, alcohol, meat, etc.. those you see much less of because they are in the temple practicing buddhism, not on the world stage dancing gongfu.

to say all "shaolin monks" can have sex, eat meat, drink alcohol etc. is really quite inaccurate.

so lets just be clear.

Comment

i can understand that

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Cross View Post
                    Aside from whether or not they are monks, which they are not, I just don't think they had any place on that show. Wushu is not really just dancing. How is Wushu dancing? Wushu is the evolution of a fighting art into an artistic expression that still has martial applications. Dancing is the evolution of trying to get laid. It's "Look at me! I am better than this other guy. Now lets have sex" Of course sine they are "shaolin" thats probably what they are thinking.
                    Hahahaahahaa!!!! Iron cross speaks for Master-Lu as well on this one!
                    IC is himself a proper shaolin monk just like me. Hahahahahahaaa

Comment

Monk or Not

What is a monk or what is not has been beaten sufficiently to dead here.

However, in regards to this a quote attributed to Bill Gates comes to mind.

While the quote originally referred to software, it can be applied here to.

"Superior Marketing beats Product Flaws any time"

Uwe

Comment

Working...
                      X