SARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SARS

There have been a few suspected cases of SARS here in Thailand. The people have been quarantined. They are farmers who have had close associations with chickens and other fowl.

Keep that in mind if you're traveling to China. I would suspect that it's making a reappearance.

More information on SARS in one of my Journals, (Shaolin / Shaolin Journals / 2003.

I'll make a Health FAQ on it soon for the Shaolin FAQ area. (I've been rewriting the main site)
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Strange disease coming from animal. When i got married in 2oo3 mani chinese were wearing masks like jains. As onli Iunnan was left open, we went kunming and i found a smoking pipe hiden in a hotel and thanked siva. then in shangrila, for mi first dai in tibet i found mi ex girl friend from Rishikesh, tomoko, but not the wife of the guru of aum shirinkio

strange trip

peace and love 4 everi human animal ghost

Comment

As promised, I've added a section on SARS in the Shaolin FAQ / Health FAQ area.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

lolo liu i think im going to make a character based on you in the book im writing, that last post sounds like something that belongs in my sig

and yeh..keep us updated on sars, i never read into much what u wrote before now considering im going back to asia i think i will do that
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
          i found a smoking pipe hiden in a hotel and thanked siva.
          Hehehehheheheh
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I've always thought SARS was pretty easy to cure with antibiotics, I'm not sure why it caused such hysteria a few years back in Asia.

Comment

It's a virus. It isn't cured with antibiotics. I think H2N5 avian flu.

You either survived, or you didn't. It had a ten to twenty percent mortality rate in some places.

I was diagnosed with it after the fact years ago. I wrote about it in one of my journals many years ago. Was not fun.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                lolo liu i think im going to make a character based on you in the book im writing, that last post sounds like something that belongs in my sig

and yeh..keep us updated on sars, i never read into much what u wrote before now considering im going back to asia i think i will do that

Emptiness is interesting to explore but it is said one should not be attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                  It's a virus. It isn't cured with antibiotics. I think H2N5 avian flu.

You either survived, or you didn't. It had a ten to twenty percent mortality rate in some places.

I was diagnosed with it after the fact years ago. I wrote about it in one of my journals many years ago. Was not fun.
                  I heard about the high mortality rate too, but I assumed it was due to the poorly trained Chinese medical personnel.

No it does not sound fun to be diagnosed with SARS. I'm surprised you went back to China after that.

Comment

I don't think it had much to do with the Chinese doctors, though I've been impressed, and unimpressed, with the health care I've seen in China. Some places are downright scary; others seem to be comparable to western standards.

There was an outbreak of SARS in a Chicago hospital, brought on by an American patient who had unknowingly gotten infected in Hong Kong. The patient subsequently infected a few doctors and nurses; over four hundred people had to be quarantined because of that one patient. Eventually, in Chicago, there were 22 victims of SARS; 15 of them were health care workers.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X