Melamine: Stay away from those Oreos'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melamine: Stay away from those Oreos'

Here in Thailand we're starting to see issues with melamine in dairy products. Including, of all things, Oreo cookies.

There is one major Thai dairy in Chiang Mai, which used to provide a majority of the milk that Thai's use. Over the past few years, because of the availability of cheaper Chinese milk, this dairy has suffered. Thailand started to use milk produced in China.

What Thailand didn't know, until recently, is that the Chinese have been adding Melamine to their dairy products. Melamine is an industrial chemical which causes a false elevation in measured protein levels in products. It also causes renal and liver failure, thought to be a physical and inflammatory process due to crystallization of the chemical in those organs. It's bad shit, and the Chinese, in their constant thoughtfulness of the human race, really didn't care as long as they made their beloved money.

Chinese dairy materials ended up in Oreo cookies, and other products. I would suspect however, that you would have to eat one hell of a lot of Oreos to develop any physical damage.

Keep this in mind when eating any products that might have dairy in them, while traveling Asia.

Thailand has recognized the problem, and has stopped Chinese imports of dairy products.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

dear doc, do u think americans r more thoughtful concerning freedom and happiness of cows and humans?

Comment

I'm always concerned about cows. Which is why I eat at Burger King instead of McDonalds.

They broil them instead of fry them.

Much tastier.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I like my animals to life a happy life before I eat them. They always seem to taste better when they are stress free. Mmmmm Chicken....
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Just wonder why you speak in general of chinese loving more money than human race or animals? Are you talking about my family?

Just for informations in the old days they were poor prolateriate and vegetarians.

Maybe you should not make too general statements, some might interpret it wrong.

Peace and love

Comment

Working...
          X