Just joined...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined...

Hello, I confess I have never trained in martial arts. I was born and raised in mainland China until age 15, then I came to the States. My ancestral home is in Henan province so I guess I feel some sort of kinship towards Shaolin. I found here because I enjoyed watching Shaolin related video clips and wanted to know more about this traditional form of martial art.

That said, internet forums are nothing new to me, I've read some of the discussions here and liked the level of intelligence around here. Nice to know you all!

Originally posted by Lily View Post

That said, internet forums are nothing new to me, I've read some of the discussions here and liked the level of intelligence around here.
    You've been reading here?

Welcome to the madness. Don't take any of us seriously.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

espcially not me, unless im talking about gung fu, because if u disagree with me i will kill you!!!

lolo, isnt chen village in henan province to? id rather have kinship with the taiji guys
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I've never trained in the Chinese Martial arts either, but I've always been interested in them, and have found this site very informative and eye openning.

Comment

Hi Lily,

i find the peace of Guan Yin immense, just by giving love she transforms evil in nectar of bliss. A long and continuous work but worth it.

May u understand the pusa rules if u need them,
          may the heart of every being filled with love and freedom.

Comment

liutangsanzang,

I hope I'm totally making the wrong conclusion here, but how come you give me the impression that you think my avatar is a representation of Guan Yin? If that were the case, all I could say is "I'm not worthy!"

Seriously, that's my wedding picture from 2007.

I'm not a Buddhist, but I like the Buddhist message of pacificism.

Thank you for all the prayers, though.

Comment

welcome lily.

as for liu, he links everything to guanyin, vegetarianism, nonviolence, non-absolutism, the monkey king, and/or various buddhist tenants.

with that said, i imagine it has nothing to do with your avatar and everything to do with him!
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yea Liu, don't scare her away with your "I love fruits and veggies" bullshit.

We get a girl to join this forum, once, every, oh, three years.

And this one is cute.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                X