Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to deal with it (Opening a martial arts school)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to deal with it (Opening a martial arts school)

I'm heading the direction of opening my own school. My problem is trying to make it a sucessfull business so i dont loose my ass on it and making it a quality MA training center. From my experience there seems to be no happy medium between the two. The very few people who want to train hard, are hard to find and will leave the school if it's too easy. The majority who just want their belt and provide income will stop coming at first sign of being sore.

Personally i love hard workouts and want to be good at what i do. If anyone has an insight on how to run a school would be usefull. i'm about to take out a loan so i can do this.

do you have connections or an mba, and connections?

Comment

i think the best thing to do is offer low prices and deals and yeh use a belt system, people like belts!!

and also if your not in a hurry to make the money from the school, wait a while and build up a student base that is loyal so u can use them as instructors. most will just like to be instructors and feel important lolo, and u can teach out of a church or a school gym or something till u get money for a building.

atleast thats what i would do.

personally i wanna teach to someday but not because i care about passing on the art so much most people dont have time to work hard at gung fu and without alot of hardwork gung fu is useless. i really just wanna train fulltime, fighting/teaching or winning the lotto seem to be the only options lolo.

and i only sleep 4-5 hours a day..how do i never have time...
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by frank View Post
        From my experience there seems to be no happy medium between the two. The very few people who want to train hard, are hard to find and will leave the school if it's too easy. The majority who just want their belt and provide income will stop coming at first sign of being sore.
        Your astute observations should serve as a warning.

The average martial arts school in a US city survives about four years.

The exceptions, are the ones that either develop a cult like following, or, are run as serious businesses / franchises.

Occasionally you do find a good, reliable worthwhile teacher that maintains a loyal following that will support him, but the business is difficult to say the least.

Borrow the money and improve your education. The martial arts are better as a hobby and as a passion than as a business.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

What experience do you have?

Comment

thank you so much,I really appreciate it

Comment

Really, though. What MA experience do you have?

Comment

Working...
              X