howcan defend yourselves in kungfu school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howcan defend yourselves in kungfu school

would like to think i could defend myself, to the few of us who have actualy used thier skills its always intresting to know how they dealt with it. i know i would be shitting myself to the core, and be a nervous reck but who wouldnt be, can u actualy defeat this feeling. i know sparring helps but you know your going to have to fight.

how many of u think u could defend yourselves properly, and not get shit scared and please tell us how you dont feel that fear

Shaolinwolf.com is a better place to ask that.

Comment

first look into the fear. understand what it is and what causes it.

Comment

Hmm... I reverse my earlier assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by frank View Post
          would like to think i could defend myself, to the few of us who have actualy used thier skills its always intresting to know how they dealt with it. i know i would be shitting myself to the core, and be a nervous reck but who wouldnt be, can u actualy defeat this feeling. i know sparring helps but you know your going to have to fight.

how many of u think u could defend yourselves properly, and not get shit scared and please tell us how you dont feel that fear
          I knew a guy who would throw up before every match, even if it was just practice. Though he was pretty good, and was my first rival.

Fear is a natural instinct to warn us of impending doom. The bad thing about fear in terms of fighting, is that it makes you freeze up. To overcome your fear of fighting, you have do fight. There is no way around it. Eventually, you will become confident in your stamina and technique, after losing and winning many times.

If you want to fight, find a good martial arts school that incorperates sparring into their regimen. You Should start off light and begin with grappling, since there is no striking involved. This way you can learn the intricacies of the interaction of yin an yang while fighting. You can also forge your favorite techniques and perfect them through solo training, and then bring what you have learned back to the school and practice it on resisting opponents.
          Last edited by master splinter; 02-12-2009, 10:55 PM.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

does anyone know how to defend?

Comment

Working...
            X