yongxins "shaolin commercial empire" "the new age of shaolin capitialism"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yongxins "shaolin commercial empire" "the new age of shaolin capitialism"

welll its true what do you think all these shows around the world are about (money) further more you dont get to see them do the real traditional shaolin stuff just people doing flips and tricks and you can read the headlines as the ceo yongxin makes more business enterprises i tell you what if he was such a good guy why has many of the legit monks left the temple already and been inprisoned by him be aware of who this guy is dont be fooled by him and his government freinds

U r entitled to ur opinions, but i guess u should have some doubt. It takes a long time to have a general picture of budism in China.

Criticism is good but saying bad things of what is good can be bad karma.

Peace and love

Comment

若真修道人,
      不见世间过;
      若见他人非,
      自非却是左。
      他非我不非,
      我非自有过;
      但自却非心,
      打除烦恼破。
      If you are a true cultivator,
      You see not the faults of the world;
      If you see the wrongs of others,
      You have fallen into the wrong path.
      Others find fault but I do not,
      If I find fault then I am at fault;
      Only remove this fault finding mind,
      And all afflictions would be broken.
      -chan master, huineng.
      the platform sutra of the sixth patriarch

Comment

LFJ, great stuff, but, if you lived in some of the areas I grew up in, in New York, you wouldn't last too long...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

This brings us back to the question of the innate buddha nature or tatagharba.

Though i agree that love is present everywhere in the creation, i m not sure that all kinds of love can be called buda. I find this term not strictly enough defined and used in too many areas. If i say buda and i kill a children at the same time, is that the buda? I dont think so.

I agree with Huineng that u can see love everywhere so there is no fault. The dionysiac socrates didnt say anything else when he said that doing evil was only ignorance and one does bad only unvoluntarly. Like he says in the symposium everybody is looking for his own good. Of course from a psychoanalytical point of view this a complex statement for instance because of the paranoia of the baby or the pullsion of death.

Though i agree to find love evrywhere, correct me if i m wrong, i am not so sure about the buddha nature in every being. I tend to think that absolute non violence is built slowly, slowly, trough a process on the meditation of the suffering every being and how to stop it.

That is why these days i m disturbed by the guru yoga as taught by some tibetan masters. First it seems that guru yoga has been a mind control technique. Then again to see the guru as a buda just because he teaches budism even if he kills an innocent child seems quite mad. I dont know though, i d be happy to read what u think about that.

Peace and love

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
            -chan master, huineng.
            ...and this is not depending on circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
              -chan master, huineng.

Thats a pretty good one.

Its basically the old saying "become the change that you want to see in the world."
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
              X