Phuket and Russbo ITC Q & A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phuket and Russbo ITC Q & A

so, hopefully this thread will be a good source for direct info about russbo asia, as ive found russbo asia to be rather limited(or maybe i just worry to much..) either way, doc does a great job of making the world a better place im just posting this thread for myself and others interested in training at RUSSBO ITC

i plan on spending a decent amount of time there, wich is something i have yet to look into with the visas and such but atm im bloated from my protein shake and i have to sleep in an hour so im gonna just leave this open till i gather my thoughts together and start harassing doc and others about phuket and russbo ITC
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

ok so i have some basic questions that ive been curious about.

do the traditional muy thai teachers teach the muy thai dancing? the wai khruu

is it ok that i want to train my gung fu aswell

are there any places around to get any kind of weapons staff-broadsword etc

i havent traveled in a couple years..but can you put metal objects in your luggage. i wanna bring my iron rings and i dunno if they will take them away, this one obviously has nothin to do with thailand or russbo just curious

i dont wanna ask to much, anyone who wants to reply go ahead

more questions will be coming!

Comment

Traditional Muay Thai teachers do teach the dance. I don't know if the guys I have on staff know it well. It really doesn't look like much; it was taught to me years ago by another coach that I had had, and I really wasn't too impressed by it, or by knowing it. My guys are good MT teachers, who really understand the techniques involved.

As for training gong fu, Decheng is here, and, well, it appears that he wants to come back.... Nuff said.

No places to get weapons here. At least not fake training ones. You want real swords and big knives, they're available. Down where they sell the fake handbags in Patong.

You can put metal objects in your luggage, however it depends upon what they are. For example, tanks of compressed gases (which are metal) are allowed only if the valve has been removed and the interior can be evaluated. Best thing to do is to go to the TSA website; it's pretty clear as to what you can and cannot bring.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

so im getting close to leaving my homeland and im curious if anyone knows what i should do about the visa situation for thailand. i dunno how many of you have been to docs school in phuket or are going or whatever but ive only been outta the country once so if anyone has info about what to do with the visa do i need one etc limme know im trying to stay for a long time..long..long time if that makes a difference

Comment

from my experience you'll probably have two choices:

1, you go and as an american are granted an initial landing visa when you get there, which is valid for 30 days (free). then you make visa runs every month...

2, you apply to the thai consular office for a multiple entry tourist visa before leaving. (for taiwan you can get them, if you're lucky, for a few years at a time.) but i'm not sure how easily these kinds of visas are obtained for thailand.

an idea would be to have doc write up an invitation letter for you, or something, if possible. otherwise, you can just include a letter which states your purpose in thailand. you can even tell them a bunch of nonsense but it must seem legitimate and believable. for example, you're planning to study martial arts at RITC, but you also want to go to taiwan and japan sightseeing, and then back to thailand for a bike trip, or to visit with friends, etc.. that way they may be more inclined to issue you the multiple entry visa, which would at least allow you to stay for two months at a time (instead of one). you'll still need to do visa runs, but it'll be more economical in the long run.

doc may have other ideas.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The easiest way to stay for a year is to sign up for the Thai language school. It's not expensive (20000 ThB per year), and let them get you a one year student visa. Then, you're there without any issues.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

that's what i was thinking but i didn't know if he was interested in language studies. with that said, once you get the visa...in most cases you don't even have to really go to class (as long as the school has been paid, etc.).

probably a lot cheaper overall, i would think, compared to making about six visa runs a year.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

im not really interested in language classes although id probably go to a few since i paid all that money. but thats good to know...

really i wanna hang out with doc and just train at russbo asia. snorkling or whatever and all that is great to but yknow the core of the trip is to train and enjoy it. thanks for the responses, docs way does sound the best..

Comment

if that's the route u plan to go, you'll need to contact the language school, apply to it, wait for notification of acceptance, (in some cases) pay tuition before leaving the us, wait for the acceptance letter, and then apply for the visa. i don't know what the procedure is for thai language schools, but if it's like taiwanese ones, you'll still apply for a multiple entry visa. the first two visa runs (up to six months) can be avoided, if this is the situation there, usually by having the language school issue you a 'supporting letter' which you present to the nearby immigration office. only after six months of study will the school will be able to change the visa into a student one. of course, if you're not planning to go to too many classes, you should probably find out more info on the particular requirements the school has before paying. some won't care, others may use the six months to observe whether or not u're a good student or not, etc. and only then decide to support your visa.
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

There is a school in Phuket that you can apply to in person, and they will change your visa status at that time. It's actually very easy. I have to find out the name of that language school though.

Russboasia can get people a one year visa, as can other companies, but these things tend not to be done by anyone (but this language school). The MT camps just won't do it. The problem is, once a school or business gets you a one year visa, it becomes totally and completely responsible for your actions. No one wants to deal with that risk, especially considering the mad foreigners that show up to learn MT for their MMA activities.

russbo.com

Comment

very good!! this sounds excellent, although im not worried about learning muy thai for fighting or anything im not trying to be a mma guy or whatever. i think with that being said so far the info you guys have posted is very good for this thread, and for myself...

Comment

My tibetan friend Yeshi told me u can be monk in a thai monastery just for one month

Comment

if monks get their wangs sucked and train in muy thai and do all sorts of obnoxious behavior, defacing public property and extreme levels of womanizing then count me in

Comment

We'll have to add that to the curriculum.

russbo.com

Comment

Well during the month u r monk u freely accept to obey the master and follow some rules. But i guess if u want to be a master u should learn that, no?

Hippie peace and love

Comment

Working...
                              X