Yip(ip) man movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yip(ip) man movie

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqrKlsVUfFQ&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Ip Man - Part 1 of 11 [Cantonese][/ame]

anyone seen this movie? u can watch the whole thing on youtube(obviously) this is part 1, i just finished it and its great. gives a pretty good idea of the era, even though it was really worse for alot of chinese

and is a good bio of ip man, never knew he had it so rough
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

i saw it in mandarin some time ago.

thought it was nice. hadnt seen fan shaohuang (terry fan) in a long time. he was on the documentary "dragons of the orient". he's gotten a lot bigger since then.

Comment

if someone can tell me where to watch it in mandarin i would. i came across it before, but the cantonese kills me.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

it has subtitles, heh i have no idea where to find it in mandarin other then buying it i guess

Comment

I saw it in Guangzhou when i started to learn the invisible vegetarian monkey technique.

When the japanese guy offers him some food in jail i told my friend that it was the usual trick of the evil spirit offering u some meat.

In the movie Yip Man refused the food

Peace and love

Comment

"The invisible vegetarian monkey technique".

I'll have to get Decheng to teach me that before he returns to China.

Always wanted to learn that one...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Doubt that eating an animal that wants to live is the path to absolute non violence, watch www.petatv.com and experiments on monkeys and u ll start to know what is emptiness...

Comment

Yes, PETA TV.

One of my very most favorite sites.

Maybe we can start a new thread, and expound upon the virtues of PETA.

OH, and Liu, I only eat animals that want to die. They never really had interesting lives anyway.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

No wonder they haven't found vegetarian monkeys! They're invisible! It all makes so much sense now!!

Alright, Liu is doing this to yet another thread and I'm helping him. Anyway, the movie looks good, unfortunately it's not available on Netflix. Therefore I'm too lazy to bother trying to get it some other way. (My "computer" at home isn't an option.)

Comment

the whole movie is on youtube in parts that was part 1 its a great movie

Comment

Not to be confused with the Disappearing Monkey technique; a method of probing into emptiness that has been practiced since time immemorial.

Comment

Maestro, personaly i think i dont know if this movie is good or not. How much is it filled with suffering and violence coming from emptiness, does it lead to the end of suffering for every being? That s how i try percieve things at that point, i aint saying it is correct view to see if a movie is good.

For instance the japanese agression is treated at the superficial for one who has interest in budism. What are the karmic causes for the japanese violence? Past wars, treating animals as slaves?

Dog, for the invisible vegetarian monkey technique, i think needs a deep look in understanding the suffering in emptiness (o aint saying that emptiness is everything) and how to end it. U speak about the disappearing monkey. Here is a book about how our consciouness seems to disappear in sleep and how we can use it while dreaming

Peace and love

Comment

I think dog was referring to the "disappearing monkey" technique, related to the "spanking monkey" technique.

Used best in relationships without suffering but full of emptiness.

One day even you Liu, will understand these things.

russbo.com

Comment

ip man would be so proud of this thread,

atleast show the fight scenes to de cheng so hes inspired to go fight someone, we need more stories on russbo

Comment

I picked this movie up after seeing this thread and i really liked it

Comment

Working...
                              X