nagor chor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nagor chor

ok what is nagor chor and is it a good style to study?Oh and is apart of any traditional kung fu arts?

I haven't the slightest idea. Got a web site to refer us to??
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Ngor Chor Kung Fu

Xanthic,

the name of the style is Ngor Chor and below you will find an abbreviated history.

Here is the basic history
      Shaolin Ngor Chor Kung-Fu, also known as Shaolin Wu-Chu Chuan, is an ancient Chinese art comprised of the elements of: Tai Chor, Lohan, Peh-Hoke, Soo Heng Cheh, and Tat Choon. The Chee Kim Thong system is a distinctly southern style of kung-fu, with a large percentage of movements being articulated hand movements. It also incorporates low kicks within the center-line of the body. This art is great for teaching students to handle multiple attackers at one time. Numerous weapons are also taught at the intermediate and advanced levels of training.

Here is the way the style came about

Ngor Chor Kung Fu is a methodology of Shaolin fighting that takes the essences of 5 separate systems and combines them successfully into a single art. Being about 400 years old Ngor Chor Kung Fu originated in the Fudan province of China. At that time, the Government was very harsh toward the Shaolin temples and the emperor’s forces destroyed the Fudan temple.

Once there was a wealthy merchant’s son who loved Kung Fu more than anything. He had an idea that he would try to get all of the local masters of Kung Fu in the Fudan province together to exchange ideas. This would be a difficult task with all of the Masters being in hiding due to Emperor’s destruction of the temple. In attempt to bring them together he secretly issued an invitation to the masters and through great satisfaction 5 masters responded.

These six men soon began to develop a style through the synthesis of their styles. While training and developing this new art they heard laughter from a woman who was watching nearby. When asking why she was laughing at the development of the art she told them that they were making it to difficult. The complexity of the forms would make this art impossible to teach to anyone. Angered, they challenged her skills only to find out that she was very skilled in the art of Kung Fu. Using her input they refined the new system making it much easier to teach without loosing its effectiveness. Today we still do not know who this lady was but there have been several references to her as “The Lady in the Green Dress”.

The weapons used in Ngor Chor are:
      Staff, Broadsword, so-called "Chinese BigKnife", Spear, Sai, Trident Kwan Dao, Pu Dao, Butterfly Knives, Monk Spade, Straight Sword and 3-sectional staff.

Thats all I have off hand, but I can probably find some more.

HTH

Uwe

Comment

Ngor Chor Part 2

Xanthic,

in true fashion to the history of the martial arts below you will find a link with a different history for the style.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Also, as far as I know there are very few "official" schools and they are in in Alabama.

HTH

Uwe

Comment

depends where you are - as far as i know there are also some in the UK ans Australia... its a good style, influenced karate along with fujian white crane too

dave
          simple and natural is my method,
          true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Originally posted by dave
            depends where you are - as far as i know there are also some in the UK ans Australia... its a good style, influenced karate along with fujian white crane too

dave
            Good point Dave.

My mistake, I should have specified the US.

Uwe

Comment

no problem, just have a friend in Sydney who trains 5 ancestors

dave
              simple and natural is my method,
              true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Working...
              X