Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwan Dao

All,

I would like to aks a favor: I am once again trying to create a martial arts book, but this time, I would like to focus on the Kwan Dao. While I have some material, I would like to aks the forum members if you could point me to more resources.

I am looking especially for forms in images (not so much video but stills), history, and everything in between.

Thanks!

Uwe

i dont have any stills, and all the history i know of the kwan dao is probably similar to others, i practice hung kuen so if you want me to post something i will.

do you still have that website up btw uwe? and have you already written a book i dunno about?

i love all your stuff btw, your one of the guys that should be coming to thailand btw, that would be sweet. i know u got a family but even a month of soccer and gung fu/muy thai and thai beaches would be fun right? RIGHT
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Maestro, why not give up the wild monkey mind jumping from one fun to another to have a real plan with priorities to end as fast as possible the suffering of every being?

I dont know, just asking

Peace and love

Comment

To end the suffering of all beings is a great task, only to be undertaken by one who has vast self knowledge, and enlightenment.

Maestro is an idiot who has trouble posting messages on internet forums... I dont think you will have any luck there...
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Books

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
          i dont have any stills, and all the history i know of the kwan dao is probably similar to others, i practice hung kuen so if you want me to post something i will.

do you still have that website up btw uwe? and have you already written a book i dunno about?

i love all your stuff btw, your one of the guys that should be coming to thailand btw, that would be sweet. i know u got a family but even a month of soccer and gung fu/muy thai and thai beaches would be fun right? RIGHT
          I added a few transcriptions, but very busy with Kids in College....

The page is http://www.72arts.com/martial-arts-pubs.html.

I am also working on getting a section of my website ready for my stil.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
            I dont think you will have any luck there...
            I am an eternal optimist

Comment

MS go absorb some chi from the universe or something.

btw i didnt know judo taught that, they never taught me that. u must have a good teacher ill have to contact them and ask them about you.
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Dont make yourself look bad by telling me a bold faced lie. You never mentioned that you studied judo until it became cool because i was doing it, hahaha, youre not cool like me, sorry, youre a freakin anime character to me, thats all you are..

Anyway,
                Thats a good idea maestro, we absorb energy from the universe all the time, its called oxygen, and water. Maybe you should loosen you black sash(lol) and get some from time to time, it would be good for your temper, and undeserved pride and arrogance.

Maestro, i also studied and trained in tai chi, most of my chi gong movements are from tai chi, a fighting art, which is also well known for its healing capabilities, and xing yi quan, unfortunately, the teachers i have trained with taught them in that TC, XY, the BGZ order systematically and i havent made it to bagua as of yet. There are other teachers i want to seek out perhaps in the future when i have more time so other then that, i have yet to formally learn bagua zhang. Most of my chi gung theory Stems from what ive learned from teachers, Sparring, and what ive learned from solo practice. Mostly fighting exercises, though i do know a few yoga and pilates basics due to classes i took before i dropped out of college for a while.

I train almost exclusively for fighting, and the health benefits are just side effects. When i stop fighting, i usually stop training. Luckily, i have great muscle memory and i am ultra cool and naturally talented, lol, so i can make up for a years worth of slacking in a few weeks.

You're right, judo doesnt teach you chi gung. But judo isnt the only art i train in, its just one of my favorites. I prefer soft arts, they are just more interesting to me.

What about the art you study, or Claim to study, you already know i dont believe you.

Anyway, in hung ga they practice a chi gung set called iron wire, in hung ga, they actually have a bunch of chi gong, so i dont know why you are always trying to crack jokes about it like its funny because it isnt, it just makes you look like someone who has never put forth the effort to actually experience it for yourself.. Of course your poser ass wouldnt know anything about that now would you?

You're such a poser, if you ever actually learn chinese martial arts and learn chi gung, you are going to come back to these forums someday and read your old posts, and i guarantee you that it will make you feel stupid.

You cant deny acupuncture, you cant deny herbal medicines, you cant deny chi gung. Its real, Its just that modern science is too stupid to find it. Because they themselves are too afraid or ignorant to experience it. Plus. they are inexpensive. Not very good money making tools.

Im not saying its a panacea, im just saying that its more real then most people think. Yet again, there are people who claim to be able to do extraordinary things like move clouds etc. I cant do it, so i wont go that far.

Whatever, poke fun at me all you want, yeah its irritating, but its not really offensive, it just makes you look like an idiot to me, that is all.
                Last edited by master splinter; 05-19-2009, 06:18 PM.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Dont make yourself look bad by telling me a bold faced lie. You never mentioned that you studied judo until it became cool because i was doing it, hahaha, youre not cool like me, sorry, youre a freakin anime character to me, thats all you are..

Anyway,
                  Thats a good idea maestro, we absorb energy from the universe all the time, its called oxygen, and water. Maybe you should loosen you black sash(lol) and get some from time to time, it would be good for your temper, and undeserved pride and arrogance.

Maestro, i also studied and trained in tai chi, most of my chi gong movements are from tai chi, a fighting art, which is also well known for its healing capabilities, and xing yi quan, unfortunately, the teachers i have trained with taught them in that TC, XY, the BGZ order systematically and i havent made it to bagua as of yet. There are other teachers i want to seek out perhaps in the future when i have more time so other then that, i have yet to formally learn bagua zhang. Most of my chi gung theory Stems from what ive learned from teachers, Sparring, and what ive learned from solo practice. Mostly fighting exercises, though i do know a few yoga and pilates basics due to classes i took before i dropped out of college for a while.

I train almost exclusively for fighting, and the health benefits are just side effects. When i stop fighting, i usually stop training. Luckily, i have great muscle memory and i am ultra cool and naturally talented, lol, so i can make up for a years worth of slacking in a few weeks.

You're right, judo doesnt teach you chi gung. But judo isnt the only art i train in, its just one of my favorites. I prefer soft arts, they are just more interesting to me.

What about the art you study, or Claim to study, you already know i dont believe you.

Anyway, in hung ga they practice a chi gung set called iron wire, in hung ga, they actually have a bunch of chi gong, so i dont know why you are always trying to crack jokes about it like its funny because it isnt, it just makes you look like someone who has never put forth the effort to actually experience it for yourself.. Of course your poser ass wouldnt know anything about that now would you?

You're such a poser, if you ever actually learn chinese martial arts and learn chi gung, you are going to come back to these forums someday and read your old posts, and i guarantee you that it will make you feel stupid.

You cant deny acupuncture, you cant deny herbal medicines, you cant deny chi gung. Its real, Its just that modern science is too stupid to find it. Because they themselves are too afraid or ignorant to experience it. Plus. they are inexpensive. Not very good money making tools.

Im not saying its a panacea, im just saying that its more real then most people think. Yet again, there are people who claim to be able to do extraordinary things like move clouds etc. I cant do it, so i wont go that far.

Whatever, poke fun at me all you want, yeah its irritating, but its not really offensive, it just makes you look like an idiot to me, that is all.
                  Wow,its like your me and maestro is you, and im maestro.

weird.

Comment

Um, no.

I am me, you are you, and maestro is maestro.

I am not you.... HAHAHAHHA

What the hell are you smokin, can i please have some.

Comment

Um, no.

I am me, you are you, and maestro is maestro.

I am not you.... HAHAHAHHA
                      Oh, sorry, for a minute i was confused

Comment

oh great we've gone full circle again with the whole 'if a=b thing' now....

it must be my birthday. lol..
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

You're not the only one thats getting tired of this fu jow pie "unintentional" clown...

Comment

In basque, Ni is I

In chinese, Ni is You

In basque, lan is work

In chinesem, lan is lazy

(My basque name is alan)

Comment

It is critical to have high-quality content in terms of attracting people to come see the website, and that is exactly what this website provides. My site: 슬롯​​

Comment

Working...
                              X