Fu jow pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fu jow pie

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHUg7qx931Y"]YouTube - Fu Jow Pai Greece - Iraklis Stamatis performing a Sword form[/ame]

Lmao at this sword form, its horrible
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

what a video!

shaolin-do?

Comment

Great music.

Why anyone would add music to a martial arts demonstration video...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post

Lmao at this sword form, its horrible
        I guess being a Judo practitioner you know all about it?

carry a sword around often do ya?

Comment

I thought the form was kinda weak too, but i suppose anything trained right can be a martial technique.

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108 View Post
            I thought the form was kinda weak too, but i suppose anything trained right can be a martial technique.
            The geezers to talk to for this kinda stuff are the Kendo boys, or the Silat / Kali Boys.

All very well learning a form, but actually putting it into practice is another thing.

And since its generally frowned upon to go round slicing people up, whats the point?

Tradition i guess, or showing off.

I can't use a sword myself, so i can't comment on whether this is a good or bad demo.

Nor do i see the point in training to use one, as i don't carry one with me.

Comment

its not the form itself although i didnt like it, kinda looks made up but it could be real because of the way it starts-finishes.

but his form sucks. not what hes doing..how hes doing it, its bad.

and im surprised u dont practice with weapons, ive never heard a gung fu person say that...ever lol.

even the wushu guys use weapons...
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                its not the form itself although i didnt like it, kinda looks made up but it could be real because of the way it starts-finishes.

but his form sucks. not what hes doing..how hes doing it, its bad.

and im surprised u dont practice with weapons, ive never heard a gung fu person say that...ever lol.

even the wushu guys use weapons...
                Yeah we use sticks and stuff occasionally.

And there is a fair bit of Knife work. But apart from that its seen as pretty much a waste of time.

My angle is, we do knife work, because its possible that someone might pull a knife on you. I can't ever remember hearing of someone being attacked in a bar with a sword, or a rope dart or something equally as silly.

And conversely, i have never wanted to carry a sword or any weapon in a public place, so why would i want to train with one?

Bar fights are usually where your most likely to use your training, so it stands to reason that you are most likely to get hit with Pool ques, knives and bottles.

The Wu Shu guys are awesome, can't deny that.

BUT....... honestly, where are you going to use something like a butterfly kick? You can't, not really. Equally the same applies with weapons.
                They look amazing, but you can't use them, its very much illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                  I can't ever remember hearing of someone being attacked in a bar with a sword, or a rope dart or something equally as silly.
                  You need to come to Thailand...
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                    You need to come to Thailand...
                    Actually, you just reminded me, my mate in whos living in Thailand got mugged.

So he bought a sword, and the fun and games began.

But still, im not in Thailand, and in Europe its mostly safe to walk about.

Comment

Weapon forms and techniques condition your body in a number of ways. Heavy weapons, in particular, aid in the development of tendon strength, balance and power.

If you are not training weapons, you are only getting a little bit of what you could be.

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108 View Post
                        Weapon forms and techniques condition your body in a number of ways. Heavy weapons, in particular, aid in the development of tendon strength, balance and power.

If you are not training weapons, you are only getting a little bit of what you could be.
                        Surely tendon strength training could be supplemented by weights.

Balance is quite intrinsic to the arts anyway.

And power is developed by technique.

That being said, i must admit i love messing about with me chuks....

Comment

Once you have had the opportunity to think about it outside of an intellectually penisy and competitive situation, you will get what I'm saying.

Till then, keep training.

Comment

this is one of those, martial arts for self defense only subjects, which we have beaten to death here

what interested me was before you were saying how martial arts are your religion and all this and your all for traditional but you dont practice with any traditional weapons or even in a traditional manner...

there are alot of benefits of weapons training besides conditioning the body and usually these benefits relate to what style you practice. styles dont practice different forms or even similar forms differently for no reason.
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

hmm no answer. i wonder why...
                              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                              X