Time for gongfu in MMA!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
    chinese martial arts are very complicated, and thier history isnt certain. also, many systems have little in common besides similar stancse and conditioning. of course similaritys in concepts etc are common, these same concepts are found in other arts unrelated to chinas martial arts.

then again u have to consider asia as a whole when considering chinese martial arts imo and thats why i say what i said. for instance, the direct influence of tibetan systems on many southern styles is obvious.

atm i have an hour to shower and make food before work so im gonna leave it at that, ill write more later

BAHAHA

this should get good....
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Fu, you say u r not making war

1 What is ur understanding of the self?

2 What is war? Can u visualize the globe then one country after the other see all the suffering of animals, humans, ghosts, just like GuanYin Pusa hears it? Then how much r u responsible for and what can u to do stop it? In the bodisatva way, we talk about universal responsability... Is capitalism violence?

3 I understand u r english citizen, ur country is openly in war in 2 countries, i believe, iraq and afghanistan. Do u something to stop it or do u agree? And i am not talking about secret wars, manipulations and secret services>>> (for instance looking at the other side of Sudan and Chad)

I dont know

Hippie peace and love

Comment

Wow guys!!! What happened here? I was serious about this i really think many gongfu styles are usable in sport competitive fighting, this seems to be very provocative to many of you. Why is this idea so special. Any martial art must have a way of competing you don't have to try to kill each others all the time even if you train for that ability.
        I use my tai chi in MMA training and it's working fine i think more people should and could do this, I think it would be fun to see some new techniques and styles in the MMA arena.

I think i missed something thoe- some of you guys seem more bent on attacking each other than discussing gong fu in MMA. Some of you seem scared of MMA. I'm not saying this to critisize this is only the feeling I'm getting when i read your posts. MMA does sertainly not make you evil, wanting to compete in a fight does not make you evil. This is sports you know... well thanks for your many constructive comments too. Please continue discussing and if you can stick to the topic please do- Gong fu in MMA not harmony or world peace.

Comment

sorry master lu, i agree, its just master splinter is confused by all the chi he is absorbing from the universal mind. that and hes never practiced gung fu and doesnt know shit but grabbing other mens asses in a judo gi

besides doing judo as a kid the first school i practiced at was a mma gym called strikezone. a know alot of peeps who still practice there and fight and yknow i love mma anyhow so i think gung fu in mma is also serious, i said this before

earlier i just watched a interview with demian maia and thales leites at the greatwall..why were they there...who knows lol, ancient chinese secret
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
            Fu, you say u r not making war

1 What is ur understanding of the self?

2 What is war? Can u visualize the globe then one country after the other see all the suffering of animals, humans, ghosts, just like GuanYin Pusa hears it? Then how much r u responsible for and what can u to do stop it? In the bodisatva way, we talk about universal responsability... Is capitalism violence?

3 I understand u r english citizen, ur country is openly in war in 2 countries, i believe, iraq and afghanistan. Do u something to stop it or do u agree? And i am not talking about secret wars, manipulations and secret services>>> (for instance looking at the other side of Sudan and Chad)

I dont know

Hippie peace and love

WHAT.

THE.

****?

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
              sorry master lu, i agree, its just master splinter is confused by all the chi he is absorbing from the universal mind. that and hes never practiced gung fu and doesnt know shit but grabbing other mens asses in a judo gi

besides doing judo as a kid the first school i practiced at was a mma gym called strikezone. a know alot of peeps who still practice there and fight and yknow i love mma anyhow so i think gung fu in mma is also serious, i said this before

earlier i just watched a interview with demian maia and thales leites at the greatwall..why were they there...who knows lol, ancient chinese secret

strikezone?

HAhaHAHAHA

Sounds like one of those places you have to give your credit card number to, sign a contract for a year and give them access to your bank account. L.M.A.O.

I learned my fighting style at the school of hard knocks. My teacher was Mr. knuckle sandwich. My fighting ring was the cold hard concrete, and the asphalt...sharp as a razor and hard as diamond. My opponents were not paid to fight me, they wanted to fight me just because i had nice shoes... lol. By the way, I've never lost a fight.

You could never beat me in a fight. lmao. i guarantee it.
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Would you three pansies just **** and get it over with already?

Comment

Well, im just being honest.

Considering that fu cow pie is a retard, and maestro is twelve.

And you're watching. you are no better then us.

Comment

i think youve been hit on the head one to many times. and i doubt you got beat up because you had nice shoes, i think it was because your such a cornball
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                      are you sure? how do you know?

that's actually one of the basic tenants of yin/yang theory.
                      something can be different but intrinsic to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                        something can be different but intrinsic to the other.
                        No shit. Are you even familiar with yin yang theory?

I dont think you are.

Here let me school you a little bit. I dont like you but i will share some knowledge with you anyway, just because you are here.

In yin and yang, there are extremes. Extreme yin, becomes yang, extreme yang becomes yin.

Therefore, your statement, being a challenge to the theory, is engulfed by the theory.

See, im not a dick, i do things that normally would have been forbidden. Teach a fool.

I think there is hope for everyone.

Comment

Master Splinter i think u r being 2 much new age?

Yang can become yin? Where did u get that idea?

U think the sun is the moon?

I think u should read more western philosophy about essences and concepts, for instance in the platonic vegetarian school.

Hippie peace and love

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                            Master Splinter i think u r being 2 much new age?

Yang can become yin? Where did u get that idea?

U think the sun is the moon?

I think u should read more western philosophy about essences and concepts, for instance in the platonic vegetarian school.

Hippie peace and love
                            Read it and weep veggie killer.

Principles

Everything can be described as either yin or yang

1. Yin and yang are opposites.

Everything has its opposite--although this is never absolute, only comparative. However, no one thing is completely yin or completely yang. Each contains the seed of its opposite. For example, cold can turn into hot; "what goes up must come down".

2. Yin and yang are interdependent.

One cannot exist without the other. For example, day cannot exist without night.

3. Yin and yang can be further subdivided into yin and yang.

Any yin or yang aspect can be further subdivided into yin and yang. For example, temperature can be seen as either hot or cold. However, hot can be further divided into warm or burning; cold into cool or icy.

4. Yin and yang consume and support each other.

Yin and yang are usually held in balance--as one increases, the other decreases. However, imbalances can occur. There are four possible imbalances: Excess yin, excess yang, yin deficiency, yang deficiency.

5. Yin and yang can transform into one another.

At a particular stage, yin can transform into yang and vice versa. For example, night changes to day; warmth turns to cool; life changes to death.

Yin Yang are two opposing elements of the universe. They are not two poles like good and evil, however; they are relative.

Another Taoist tenet is that one extreme will always turn into its opposite, so that extreme yang turns into yin and vice versa. This is symbolized in the yin-yang symbol by the shape of the outer swooshes, which appear to be moving, one into the other. This principle has been extended into the physical realm of the martial arts, where yang and yin can directly represent the limits of balance in different directions; up and down, left and right, forward and back; and the physical properties of full and empty, hard and soft, active and receptive, etc. Over the centuries, the study of the interplay between these principles has led to the formulation and refinement of many different systems of self-defense across East Asia.

Comment

Yes but i am talking about essence not material form. I dont see how the essence of the moon can be the essence of the sun, how the essence of moon can turn in the essence of the sun...

U seem too much attached to eastern philosophy and material world. Explore ideas and concepts...

I dont know

Peace and love

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                                No shit. Are you even familiar with yin yang theory?
                                Yeah, i am.

Comment

Working...
                                X