• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
    Yup, you're wrong.
    Thanks for imparting your wisdom ratty.

Comment

you're always so reluctant to get the point.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
        you're always so reluctant to get the point.
        Yes it is for healing too.

But the techniques in the forms are not.

Comment

my friend, how long do you spend fighting in your life? how long do you spend healing? ask yourself that question, then consider the point again.

you learn to fight so you don't have to. the other shit is sport. people get paid. it's not life and death.

it is said that 'the benevolent are invincible.' but have you ever wondered why that is?
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

my friend, how long do you spend fighting in your life? how long do you spend healing? ask yourself that question, then consider the point again.

you learn to fight so you don't have to. the other shit is sport. people get paid. it's not life and death.

it is said that 'the benevolent are invincible.' but have you ever wondered why that is?
            i absolutely agree, 'you learn to fight so you don't have to. the other shit is sport. people get paid. it's not life and death.'

but the initial point was that Kung Fu should be introduced to MMA.
            I don't think it can be because it isn't a sport, there are no rules, it is fighting to put people down, period.

My point was that In MMA its all about "fighting".
            (notice the" ")

I absolutely have no ambition in fighting etc etc. I don't have to, i don't need to prove a god dammed thing.

And that for me is not discipline, its the state of mind that training to be a killing machine intrinsically instills into you.

Every one at a decent level shouldn't feel the need to fight.

But you have to concede that although half of kung Fu is about healing and the state of mind that you adopt, the half is about killing and breaking people. yin and yang. A little good in every evil, a little evil in every good.

Comment

i think you watch too many movies. lol

i look at it as if it were a tree. you can germinate the seed, nuture and let it grow, prune and trim as it matures, etc. this takes time, actual gong fu. on the other hand, breaking off branches, killing it, well that's very quick, usually uncalled for, and is even done by people of no skill all the time.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The reason is variable.

The reason has not been identified as to why there is no chinese martial arts in mma.

Some say that its because chinese kung fu techniques are too deadly. When i hear this, i laugh. Because even if you want to pull off a deadly skill, you have to have enough skill to get into the bubble and dish out your attack, in doing so you're likely to get hit, and knocked the **** out. So if you have enough skill to pull off a so called deadly attack, then you should have enough skill to land a regular attack just as well. Im sure that just because mma fighters or sport fighters in general cannot use deadly techniques in the ring does not mean they are not capable of killing someone. To think this way is just foolish, and naive.

Like i said before, with the oncoming victories of fighters like lyoto machida, we may see a new trend in the mma world. And more openness to classical/mma fighters.

It is an age where old meets new. And thats why the times we are living in are unique.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                  The reason is variable.

The reason has not been identified as to why there is no chinese martial arts in mma.

Some say that its because chinese kung fu techniques are too deadly. When i hear this, i laugh. Because even if you want to pull off a deadly skill, you have to have enough skill to get into the bubble and dish out your attack, in doing so you're likely to get hit, and knocked the **** out. So if you have enough skill to pull off a so called deadly attack, then you should have enough skill to land a regular attack just as well. Im sure that just because mma fighters or sport fighters in general cannot use deadly techniques in the ring does not mean they are not capable of killing someone. To think this way is just foolish, and naive.

Like i said before, with the oncoming victories of fighters like lyoto machida, we may see a new trend in the mma world. And more openness to classical/mma fighters.

It is an age where old meets new. And thats why the times we are living in are unique.
                  I agree 100%.

But your still a dick.

Comment

i think you watch too many movies. lol

i look at it as if it were a tree. you can germinate the seed, nuture and let it grow, prune and trim as it matures, etc. this takes time, actual gong fu. on the other hand, breaking off branches, killing it, well that's very quick, usually uncalled for, and is even done by people of no skill all the time.
                    Mostly i agree with you, and your moderation.

In this instance, it is my personal opinion that you are wrong and you are being deliberately beligerant. As i have been before.

im not calling you out, im just saying in this instance i think you are wrong.
                    and of course entiteled to your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                      I agree 100%.

But your still a dick.

And youre still a fraud with bad spelling, and grammar.

What is your obsession with dicks anyway?

Nevermind. I dont want to know...
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

i'm not being deliberately belligerent at all. that's your and MS's shtick.

i think you understand perfectly well what i'm trying to get across. it's easy to say, 'no, you're wrong, i don't agree.' but you should at least tell me why. this is another example of 'breaking the tree limb.... not caring for the tree.'

personally i just try to point toward the essence of these arts. that's because the more i reside over here, train, understand the language, connotations, the classics, and so on, the less viable and accurate the 'western approach' appears. we want to have 'gongfu' in MMA now to show that we are the best killers or something, but people over here seem more concerned with just having 'gongfu.'

but, of course, what is 'real' gongfu. from my understanding it's simple: 活到老學到老. (aka: lifelong learning.) people get caught up in the fighting aspect of it because, at this time, they're still more destructive than they are constructive. that's the process, from hard to soft. yet, what about the philosophies that make up these arts? i mean, if you internalize them, how important is smashing someone's head open exactly?
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

1 u ask how much do we kill. On a gross level, we (include me as french citizen though i am basike anarchist) kill civilians and talibans in afghanistan (not talking about kashmir). U as us citizen is in trouble in iraq (i dont say throw away hussein is bad, though i though there were other ways with less killing, like threatening him and not using death penalty. i dont know, after all fascist franco died giving birth to democracy) or somalia

On a subtle level, we might kill much more, like animals that swim away from us, or for instance by being capitalists

i often said how worried i am about planes bombing civilians in afghanistan (i am not speaking of palestine or tchetchenia)

During Qu Yuan festival (for those who dont know Qu Yuan is famous chinese poet, with a very special style full of flowers, dragons and very imaginative daoist themes, who commited suicide in the miluo river because of the political corruption of the queen) i was in guangzhou asking my budist master Shi Jieding 4 teachings at Guangxiao Si. I dreamt i was drowning in water, but was so tired of this world, i started breathing the water

Later i learned a french plane had crashed in the ocean

Death is a deep mistery and the queen is dead

May all being be free, without suffering, without dogmatism and in absolute non violence 4 animals, humans, ghosts, war beings and all beings

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFFpA0C4LU"]YouTube - Kung Fu & MMA[/ame]

Check it.

Comment

include me as french citizen though i am basike anarchist

ok, but actuaally i had been thinking all this time that you're the 'jain vegetarian non-absolutist type...?' lol

my bad... :-)
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

onesp1ng i hope u come visit us in thailand when im down there, it would be interesting...

i think this topic has gone way off course..of course, and first off ms really has to get off lyotos nuts, hes nut hugging on a whole new level. no one gave a damn about lyoto till he knocked out thiago, so stop talking like the guy is a TCMA god or that u know shit about him. thank you bitchling

now, the way i see it, very few of the real pros in mma could give a care about proving anything, that is in the past and that was the hype of the past(it still is the hype...but the fighters dont realy believe it, unless u brock lesnar)

alot of those guys do it because fighting is fun, and because they are the best fighters in the world right now. hands down, no master roshi in taiwan or some bullshit temple on a mountain. they are the best not because they lift weights and do jiu jitsu, for alot of reasons that i dont wanna get into

in the end, competition or competitive spirit is a big part of the ego and therefore a problem for martial artists like myself who(stop laughing) are trying to develope a higher level of conciousness

but if you understand it, and are capable of controlling that aspect of yourself, its not a problem and can be a good tool. personally im ridiculously competitive but im trying to work on "it"

anyway cant write more but basically, gung fu will appear in mma in 5 to 100 years god knows but it will. probably in the lighter weights then later who knows. maybe i should fight..always wanted to be in pride

hmmmm
                                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                                X